The most useless app you've ever installed on your phone?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Denis Hard • Jun 11, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Someone I know recently installed an app to block calls from people he hated. Or owed money. After using the app for two days, he realized that even those people he hadn't blacklisted [if that's the right term] could not get their calls through to him. The moment he uninstalled the app, he started getting calls like he normally did.

The app didn't do what the creators claimed it would.

Have any of you had similar experiences with apps which failed to deliver on what was promised?

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Haha that's a hilarious failed app :D

I usually am very careful when choosing which apps to install on my phone but I had installed and played few free games that were pretty rubbish. I also tried installing few apps that claimed to pay but they were annoying because the only way to earn a higher point was by installing more apps they suggested! I don't even need any of the other apps.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No not really. I did install Station Digital though. I had read the reviews but you never know so I wanted to see for myself. It really is pretty buggy. The main problem is not being able to change the stations and it repeats songs often but that's enough to not make it a good radio. Plus you only get certain prizes in their reward store and not gift cards. I am waiting for them to improve it though I doubt they will.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Samsung Knox. It was installed during one of the software updates when my phone OS was still Android jellybean. I don't know what its purpose is. It says it's for security but I think it does not do anything special. I'm uninstalling.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It was a TV app. I can't really remember the name. I read great reviews, but apparently the Hollywood complained. A lot of the great content was removed. None of the remaining channels worked. It was a waste of my precious RAM. I also installed Crackle, another TV app. I couldn't find anything I liked so I also uninstalled it too.