The Neely's From "Down Home With The Neely's" Are Divorcing?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Oct 29, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I always knew something was fishy with them, since they were constantly making out for the camera and practically throwing themselves all over each other to the point where it was ridiculous. Now Gena Neely is saying they hated each other the entire time they taped the show, so they were apparently trying to cover that up.

Apparently the BBQ business belongs to the husband, so she is on her own for the most part aside from one of the restaurants in particular that she is co-owner of.

Why did they feel the needs to put on a big act for everyone all these years? Were they both wanting to be on camera and become famous, where they couldn't decide on who should do it and who should stay behind the scenes?

I wonder if Food Network will continue to broadcast their show, now that it's all in the open that their relationship was bogus.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think they stayed together because neither of them is interesting enough alone so they needed the couple image to get into the food network rotation. I don't blame them for it, because it's just business and they seem to have succeeded with their plan anyway so I guess they both ultimately won at the end since they're now both famous and can capitalize on endorsement deals. I have to admit I've always found them annoying, though, and I always changed the channel whenever they were on.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    If they had acted coldly before each other on the camera it's pretty obvious that the show wouldn't have survived for long. I think that with more cooking shows entering the fray and the declining popularity of their show they decided that they had enough. Sad to hear this, it was a pretty good show in my opinion. I wish them the best in their future endeavours.