The never ending debate of iPhone vs Android

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by ItsZiggy • Aug 7, 2014.

1. ItsZiggy

ItsZiggyNew Member

Threads:
    I personally have always leaned towards iPhones/Apple products but that's not because I think less of Android, it's really just my personal preference and what I'm used to.
    I haven't actually owned any android phone so I really can't compare them, accurately at least.
    Which do you prefer and why?

I'm in the market for a new phone and I have an open mind, so I'm open to your opinions and suggestions.

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have owned an android phone. Now, I have an iPhone. This fact alone speaks volumes.

Although there are some good android phones on the market, it's always best to go with a product that can easily be fixed when broken or malfunctioning. The tech support for Apple products makes choosing them a wise choice. Also, I think overall they work well. Most people get caught up on the size of the iPhone screen or other minute objections that are more personal preference than anything else.

The iPhone I got . . .

incipio-glossy-plastic-tpu-hybrid-case-cover-with-integrated-kickstand-for-iphone-5-white-purple.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used both, and I have to say that you should wait until the iPhone 6 is released in September, even if Apple only releases the 4.7 inch version at first. You could purchase that phone and probably have a great experience with it. Apple's phones are built with quality and performance in mind, and they never really fail on that end. Android is decent, and some Android phones are even great, especially the premium ones (Samsung Galaxy S, HTC One, LG G devices, etc). I plan on getting the next iPhone as long as the battery life is passable, and I'm thrilled for it. My current device is the HTC One M7, which had rave reviews, and I'm going to keep that and own both devices and use them regularly.

I don't like choosing between things, so I just decide to get both. I'd recommend giving the next iPhone a shot.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you want a a mobile device that could be used to easily connect to other devices via bluetooth or other means, then go for Android. I have never owned an iPhone but I have tested some (and I could say that they're great). But so are Android devices. Android is easy to use, understand and could be easily customized. Also, the Android market has overtaken the iOS app market. This means that a lot of people are using Android than iOS. If a lot of people are using Android, this means that you would easily find a fix if ever you encounter a problem.

Also, if you're tired of the iPhone, maybe you should try out an Android phone. Maybe the Note 3 would make you a believer.

5. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I've owned both at various stages of their development.
    I do love the simplicity of Apple and a "just works" sort of philosophy behind. The OS is highly visually appealing and the hardware makes it really feel like a premium device. The BEST part about Apple devices though is the customer service & warranty -- no one in the business comes close to this.

Android tends to feel like it's in beta at times and that means you'll often go through growing pains with it. While you tend to have more overall features and get them sooner than the competition, they can sometimes be a bit wonky. That said, it's hard to argue against the value component of Android devices as you can often get them relatively cheap and they'll do virtually everything iOS can do and more.

Overall, especially on a site like this, best bet is always going with what offers the greatest value based your needs.