the new iPhone 6

Discussion in Product Reviews started by roy835 • Oct 14, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    I have been hearing a lot about the new iPhone 6. I have never had an iPhone and I dont see the big deal about them. I think that in many cases it is marketing hype that Apple uses to sell more of the product. Then, when people buy the stuff you seem to always hear about a bunch of disappointments from the customers. It is like the new "shiny" thing that so many people want just to feel like they are rolling with the latest fashion. Then when they get it, it is not all the bliss that they thought it would be. In my opinion, the phone is way over-priced. I have a much less expensive cell phone that does much of the same thing that the iPhone does. And, many of the features of my "less expensive" cell phone, I dont even use. And, I believe that is the case with many people, they buy an expensive phone with a whole bunch of features that they do not ever use. A waste of money if you ask me.

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The fact is roy, that most Apple products are overpriced and the explanation to that is that they usually are really good, but that does not happen with the iphone6, starting with the fact that it's a bendable phone haha. They can't make this mistake again, it could be the end for Apple.

3. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I've had iPhones before, and I've enjoyed them, but I have no desire to get the iPhone 6. I am using an Android phone right now. I like it just as much as I've liked any iPhone. I almost went with a Windows phone, but decided against it because many of the apps I enjoy are not offered on Windows phones. I couldn't believe it when I saw the video of the bendable iPhone. That was hilarious.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I won't say it's overpriced if that is what the person wants and to some extent feels that they need. I personally use Android, but there are times when I wished that I had at least an iPad or iPod Touch for that one app that hasn't made it over to the Play Store. That alone is worth the added cost for a lot of people. The iPhone is thought of first when it comes to apps and peripherals and whether one wants to admit it, that helps along the way to make life easier.

5. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I did not see what the fuss was all about either. I thought all you are paying for is the apple sign and not much else and that the iphone was just a hype. And then I got one and I have to say that its the only phone that I have had where I was completely satisfied with what it offered. I didn't think "oh I wish it had this, or I wish that was there". Everything is where I want it to be its simple to use, the specs are good. I love it. I can't comment on the 6 because I can't afford it, yes it shouldn't be bending but I am sure that they will iron that out. To be honest I can't understand why you would be shoving £600 worth of technology in your pocket.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree that they are a bit overpriced, but I wouldn't agree that they are just being bought because of hype and shininess. I've had my experience of many devices and I would say that Apple's products are well made and well worth the money. They last very long and don't start to lag nearly as quickly as their competitors'. Of course this also means it would be ideal not to replace them as often as you would an Android or Windows device, but that is the market share they have carved out for themselves.

7. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I think there is a sort of "fandom" around apple products like the iphone and ipad. I have only had 2 phones myself and they were both the cheapest, simplest phones I could get as we have a cheap plan with no texting and no data. I have heard mixed reviews as well with the iphone 6, and I am not personally interested in the product. I think they really need to take more care with the durability of their phones if they are going to sell something so very expensive. People are not going to be happy if their phone does not hold up to normal use and bends.

8. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Planning on buying the new Iphone 6 plus within the next month. It looks like a fantastic device and I'm a big fan of the expanded screen size of the new Iphone devices. Really looking forward to getting my hands on it. I don't get people who say Apple devices are overpriced. With a contract, you can get a new Iphone for around $200. That's not bad considering all the capabilities it has.

9. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly, and in a few years the price of the phone will plummet so far that even a roll of toilet paper will be worth more than it, just watch, I remember the whole hype about the slimmest phone ever, the Motorola Razr, check the price for that now! lol, I remember when people who had that phone thought they had everything, and they would always make sure that they are seen with the phone, but I say, it's the same thing with the Iphone's, they will decrease in price and either Samsung,Sony or Nokia will take over, and the cycle continues.

10. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I know people who got the iPhone 6 and they love it. I think it is way too overpriced for my taste. It looks like a nice phone, but I don't want to pay that much money for it. I would rather have a phone that has great features without paying through the nose for it. The LG phone I have didn't cost anywhere near as much money as the iPhone so I think I will stick with it.

11. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    As some of you said above, many Apple products are overprice. I certainly don't see the charm in them, why should I buy something for a high price when I can buy it as easy for a lower one but it doesn't have the "apple" on it? However I heard a lot of complains about this Iphone, no wonder, for 1000 $ it should take you to vacation when you press airplane mode.

12. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Since Steve Job died, Apple i-phones, have been getting less in quality but more pricier. Apple personnel knows that after the i-phone, they have nothing innovative in their technological products possibly for a long time, hence the reason why i-phone 6 is so cheaply made and are ridiculously overpriced to compensate funds for future risks of losing millions of customers, like what happen to Apple Computers a few decades ago, which Steve Jobs was asked to return and eventually built up the corporation as it was before he died. I know i-phones and most of Apple products are already losing interest in the minds of many investors and customers, especially with this latest flop in their i-phone 6, so if one were wise, I would invest or purchase other products elsewhere.

13. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    I LOVE my iphone and believe me it isn't because I'm trying to impress people. I could care less what people think. My first smartphone was an Android. I hated the thing. I had a friend with an iphone and he was using it every day often in place of his regular computer. So I got an iphone for my birthday, I was so happy. I use my phone every day to: quickly check the weather, surf the internet, watch hulu, play games, use the gps to tell me where I'm going (I'm never lost anymore), and a bunch of other things. My friend even likes it because of the gps and she's the biggest luddite you've ever seen. I realize android phones have all these features as well but with the iphone i feel they are more sensibly arranged, easier to use and I actually use them. Of course if you wouldn't use the technology, it would be a waste but for me it is not a waste for something I use every day. Also with a contract as someone else said it is about $200, of course if you buy it outright with no contract it will cost much more. So not a waste of money for me at all.