The New Samsung S5

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by mikelouis • Mar 5, 2014.

1. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Recently Samsung released a new smartphone that is yet to be priced. According to its features, it seems like a great phone but it is like the hype was not that much. What do you think? Will it be the next big smartphone in the industry?

2. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I think it is a significant stride forward, as opposed to Apple's "innovation". It is good to see another company truly giving Apple a run for their money. If I had extra money lying around I would definitely love to pick up one of these, I know my phone needs an upgrade but I can't bust my bank for a phone.

PS: I think this would belong over in Electronics and Gadgets rather than this forum, this is more for landline and mobile service, at least as far as I can tell.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    The Galaxy family has given great satisfaction to Samsung and I think this will be no exception. We saw in the last CES many of the new features of this new phone, and like its predecessors, promises to offer smartphone users a very pleasant and satisfying experience. Fighting on top of a range in the world of technology is not easy. True, that it is the price you pay for being up there but sometimes the bar is high and innovate can be a complicated task. Despite the reviews, Samsung has managed to consolidate the design of their cell phones and turn them into a recognizable sign for everybody and they follow that route. :)

4. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    How I want to test it!:D Until it will arrive to my country, I will have to wait more than 3 months
    Anyhow, S4 and S4 mini didn`t fail my expectations, hope S5 is the evolution of the big family. Unluckily, Samsung kept the same plastic design, when HTC already embraced the aluminum one for One series (I also own a HTC One S)

5. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    Samsung Galaxy's are always great phones, so I would expect nothing less from Samsung. I've owned the S1 and S3 now and loved them. I am a little skeptical of the price. Now days I prefer the LG Nexus by google. It comes at a very cheap price and can keep up with the higher end phones. Probably the best bang for your buck if you ask me.

6. victor

victorNew Member

Threads:
    I just order for my S4, can't wait to start exploring it.i know this will be much more better

7. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, expect the Samsung Galaxy S5 to soar in the ranks of the smartphone market again this year. Samsung makes great, high end phones and the S5 will be no exception. It has many wonderful advancements and improvements from the S4. I already heard that pre-registration for the Galaxy S5 was 130% higher than the Galaxy S4, which definitely hints that people are interested and the Galaxy S5 is going to perform very highly.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Samsung in my opinion is now the most popular mobile phone brand nowadays in this age of touch screens phones (before it used to be Nokia during the keypad era) so I'm sure the S5 will not disappoint. I have never owned a Samsung unit yet, but I have borrowed them briefly because my relatives and friends have one, and I must say that the Samsung Galaxy line is a great bunch of smartphones.

9. canoe

canoeMember

Threads:
    Honestly, the s5 is somewhat of a disappointment and this is coming from someone who has had the gs1 and currently uses the gs3. I've loved the galaxy phones but there's really no reason to get the s5 if you have a s4. Even with a s3, I think you're better off just waiting for the note 4 or even an iphone 6. Major disappointment really.

10. blackbagel

blackbagelMember

Threads:
    I find that the s series really lost it's appeal now that there are other companies like LG that make phones like Samsung. It is the fastest usually when it comes out but like it's marginal now that most of the other companies have caught up. There is not much reason to upgrade as fast anymore and the newer ones seems to just have gimmicks that I don't use much. I would go for the note series now that they are basically small tablets and seem to be as fast as the s series.

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I think its a great taunt for Apple to show off their next phone. I'm not that much of a fan of phones, but I think the Galaxy is a pretty damn good phone. But what I like about the new S5 is the 4K camera, although I don't much use for it really, I love the idea that a phone can now shoot videos in 4K, that's amazing.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to upgrade my phone and have been thinking about a S5 or the Note 3, I still don't know which would be the best one to get although I still don't want to spend that much money for a phone.