The Nuwave Oven

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by cmarten • Sep 12, 2012.

1. cmarten

cmartenMember

Threads:
    I'm not in the habit of buying "as seen on TV" products too often, but I did get the NuWave convection oven during a time when I couldn't have a large oven in my apartment. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to cook stuff without a real oven, however it does have its limitations.

Has anyone bought one of these for your kitchen?

I found that it cooks from the top much more quickly than an surround heating method. If you stick a chicken in there, the top skin will get crispy well before the bird cooks through. It's not super great at cooking very thick things, and you really can't bake cookies or cakes in it like they say. They always came out either too soft or too well done when I tried.

2. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I got one as a gift and I think it works perfectly. I think everything cooks evenly and it takes up much less energy than running the oven. It gets so damn hot in my kitchen when we have to bake something that it isn't worth it sometimes but this little gizmo really works wonders. I also like it to heat up my leftover pizza.

3. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Is this anything like the pizazz pizza oven?

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I was looking at these, because I really don't like waiting for a whole oven to heat up. But I noticed there are some other comparable products like this that have a glass base instead of the plastic one on the nuwave. Have you had any problems with the plastic discoloring or cracking?

5. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    My sister who also happens to be my neighbor has had this oven for years and I've been borrowing it ever since she's had it. I'm not the best of cooks and my roasting abilities are next to zip so when I bought a pre-marinated chicken at the supermarket and used the Nuwave and it turned out great I got hooked. Now whenever I need to bring something to a potluck I go and borrow the oven from my sister and I get lots of compliments. Yes I noticed that the top portion gets cooked faster but how hard is it to flip the chicken? So for me the Nuwave is a thumbs up product. I've cooked porkchops, ribs and fish in it as well.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently saw this oven advertised on tv. I saw the NuwavePIC which is the cook top that keeps the pans from over heating or burning. It is good to read that the product does what it is advertised it will do. I think I will look into getting one.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What type of oven is it? Is it a microwave oven? These smaller ovens are ideal for people with limited space. My brother lives in a small flat and he uses a microwave oven. They are relatively cheap and they do the job.

8. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    My sister has one of these and she fixed chicken in it one night at her house. She had never used it to cook chicken (she hadn't had it very long), so we were all curious to see how it worked and how the food would taste. I thought it was neat that you can actually see the food in there cooking. This helps so that you don't overcook it. Anyway, we all loved the chicken and there wasn't the big mess to clean up like there normally is when you fry chicken.

9. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I've got something similar to this and can say that this type of oven does work well. I got rid of my huge oven since it was just too much for one person.

10. mitchelltune

mitchelltuneNew Member

Threads:
    I'm really interested in buying one too. I'll come with a personal review then!

11. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:
    I have a nu-wave oven, it was a gift, my mom bought it after seeing an infomercial where you buy one get one free, you just have to pay extra shipping and handling fee's.
    I use it often, more so than my traditional oven which is electric. I think the electricity used with the nu-wave oven is probably much less than with my electric oven since there is so much preheating wait time with the traditional electric oven and the nu- wave cooks faster and evenly. no heat loss from having to open and move pans around as you sometimes need to do in the traditional oven depending upon what you are making.