The Odd Life of Timothy Green

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by jleadbet • Sep 11, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Did anyone see this? There was a story on the news showing kids who saw it crying hysterically. I didn't see it, but the story said the end is sad, and it isn't appropriate for children. I just wondered if anyone had heard anything about it.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen it, but my ten year niece saw it with her Dad. The ending is sad so I won't give it away. She told me the story and seemed to understand the bittersweet ending. It's a tearjerker. If I had young children I wouldn't let them watch it. I haven't heard about kids crying hysterically though.

3. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    i haven't heard about kids crying hysterically either. But I have heard that it is quite the sad flick. Kleenex box a neccessity

4. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks. I think I'll see it. Sounds like it's not something for my kids. They're kind of little, but I like family movies. I hate sad endings but the previews looked good. I'm going to give it a shot and take a box of tissues.

5. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Well, he is effectively magic so something tells me he isn't going to have a long lease on life. That said kids love depressing things - Bambi, the first Land Before Time movie, The Brave Little Toaster, Homeward Bound, Watership Down, etc. Some of them might spaz if enough of them start up, but many of them will be okay with it.

6. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    Sad ending? NOT WANT. Endings can be such party poopers :/. I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to movies and a sad ending is just too much for me sometimes.

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I saw it, and I don't see any reason for anyone to really cry. Its a interesting and original story that was very unique. It was actually entreating. A little slow at times. But all in all a pretty good movie.

8. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:

Maybe this will make it seem better? Really it isn't a bad shot.