The Orgrenic Frying Pan??

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by pafjlh • Dec 20, 2012.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone purchased one of these? I have to ask because I am seriously considering buying one myself. A consumer reporter on my local new program liked it and said that it lived up to its promises. However, I have been on some review websites here online where people have complained that it wasn't non stick and they didn't like it. Did this sway me from considering buying this frying pan? To be honest no it didn't, my feeling is since when are the other so called non stick frying pans, actually non stick. Also, these supposedly can put dangerous chemicals into our food because of this so called non stick coating.

Where as with Orgrenic, it suppose to be made of ceramic so it doesn't have these chemicals. Yes, it does seem as if I have made up my mind here, still I would like to know a little more about the frying, pan, and wondered if any of you have actually purchased, used it and what you thought of it.

2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of it yet! But it sounds like if this is a non-stick without the chemicals, it might be a pretty neat option. Let us know if you buy it and try it out. I'd love a review.

3. crystalclrs

crystalclrsNew Member

Threads:
    I was considering buying the Orgreenic pan after seeing all the commercials. Although I didn't buy this pan either, I've seen it at Walgreen's. Walgreen's, and I believe CVS too, has a As-Seen-On-Tv section. I looked at the pan firsthand and gave it a good visual inspection and felt it with my fingers - if I must say, it appears to be cheaply made. The metal handle was also not so comfortable to grip. Moreover, the one that I was looking at already had a scratch on it, which didn't give me too much confidence in how it's going to hold up, if it even fries and cooks cleanly.

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this!
    It seems like this is something I would definitely be interested in purchasing. I haven't seen any commercials on it yet.
    I'll have to read the reviews on this product to see if it is worthy.
    Thank you for posing this, I am very excited about it and trying it out hopefully!

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you look at the reviews on Amazon, there are 281 one star reviews which is the worst review you can get on Amazon. There are only 209 five star reviews, so the people that hated the Ogreenic frying pan outweigh the consumers who liked it. The consumers that hated the pan found that it was not nonstick at all and they think it was sprayed with something to make it appear nonstick for the TV commercials.
    You can read the reviews here.

6. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    Now, that I seen the picture of this product, I know what it is. I have seen this in Walmart several times and I would pick it up, continue shopping, and when I get to the register I would put it back down. It seemed like it would have been the perfect household skillet, but once I saw all the negatives on Amazon, I knew there had to be a reason why I kept picking it up and putting it back down. There is 72 more 1 stars than 5 Stars. It has an overall 2.8 star rating, but when you see that many dislikes, I just can say Thank you, that I didn't spend my money!

7. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    In additions***** I went on Youtube, because most of the time I like to go on there to see if anyone are doing live reviews of a product, and someone did a review on this pan and several people did like it. They said they had to season the pan, but they said they loved it. I guess it depends on the longevity of the pan. I know one guy said 6 months later he loved his. I saw one guy actually blow his eggs like the infomercial.

8. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I'm so glad that I found this post! I have been looking at this pan myself. I wouldn't order it from an infomercial, but I have seen them at Family Dollar for $20 a pan. Now that I see these awful reviews, I will definitely save my money. Phew.

9. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have heard of it and on Youtube, it has some nice reviews. I wanted to purchase one at Walmart, but I still am scared. The ratings or people ratings were amazing. I know they say you have to season the pan, by adding grease and getting it hot and if you do not do that step it will mess up the pan.

10. AngryItalian

AngryItalianMember

Threads:
    I think my mom has this and she doesn't care for it as it rotted out quite a bit. It is no longer a non-stick pan, so I think it may have never been one in the first place. It is certainly not 20 dollars, and she has only had it for a year at best, so honestly its not worth buying guys, personally I would never pick one of these up.

11. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I had thought about one after seeing the commercial a while back but never ended up getting one. I do not cook with non stick pans much except for pancakes and omelets. Otherwise I typically use a metal pan/pot. But if this ceramic pan did work, I would consider it since the only reason I rarely cook with non stick is because of the teflon. I am sure that I can get pancakes to work in a metal pan too if I need to.
    Thank you everybody for pointing the bad reviews out.

12. maria1

maria1New Member

Threads:
    My godfather used orgrenic and says he is not satisfied.
    When burns something to eat then it is all sticking to the pan and difficult to remove.

Some say it's great but I have negative information orgrenic.

Best to buy and you'll see, maybe you like it...

13. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My family bought some pans from an infomercial a few years ago that were supposed to have some sort of "green" environmentally friendly non-stick coating on them. I don't recall if they were ceramic or not though. Ceramic sounds like it would be rather tough since it's already widely in use on stoneware and cast iron cookware. Anyhow, these pans we bought quickly started sticking within a couple of weeks of using them. In fact when they started to stick, they were stickier than a pan without non stick coating. Making scrambled eggs in them was near impossible. Worse yet, the coating was easily marred. So if you scratched it from scrubbing it it would only make it worse.

14. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I've seen some reviews on this pan on Amazon, and majority of them are very negative. Some say that the pan was non-stick for a couple of uses, but then the quality of the non-stick surface of the pan deteriorated from then. This is exactly the reason why I don't trust majority of the infomercials with their exaggerated claims of a product.

15. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I had almost purchased one for my mom as a gift but after doing some research, changed my mind. The pan just seemed to have way too many problems and needed to be treated and cleaned in a certain way or it wouldn't work the way it is supposed to. I have also heard that the handle can get way too hot and could cause burns. It just seemed like a bad gift for my mom, so I didn't get it.

16. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    I went out to buy one, I mean who doesn't just LOVE burnt cheese!!
    Then I found one, I think it was at JCPenney's and the first them I said was, MAN is that a small pan.
    There's no way I could even cook two grill cheese sandwiches in it at the same time. I searched to find a large one, but never did.
    So I didn't buy one. Do they make a larger one, or a square one?

17. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    I've wondered myself about those pans. After reading this post I think it's safe to say I will not be buying one. It would be wonderful if they work the way they do in the commercials, but I suppose truth in advertising is asking too much. Much better to lie about how your product works.

18. mitchelltune

mitchelltuneNew Member

Threads:
    I've heard about this and interested in buying one but there are negative review i've read. End up not purchasing it.