The Restore Store

Discussion in Home & Garden started by happyrocinante • May 15, 2012.

1. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    Just in case you have never heard of it....

Attached to the Habitat for Humanity there is ReStore. This is a store where people donated things from their homes that they no longer need or want. You can find home appliances like dishwashers, doors, windows, cabinets, etc. People donate things when they remodel or tear down old houses.

Last year I got a dishwasher there for $5! It is in perfect condition and is not very old. Some of the items I looked out there looked like they were brand new as if the previous owners just wanted a different color. Tomorrow I am going to look for a screen door and some window screens. Just go to the Habitat for Humanity website and see if there is a local store near you to take advantage of.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know about the Restore Store. I will have to see if we have one locally in our area. It sounds like you can get some pretty awsome deals on a lot of differnt types of items there. This is good to know about, thanks!

3. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    We have one in our area but I have not been there yet. My MIL got a good deal on some tile for her backsplash in her kitchen there.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds like a good place to get some good bargains. I don't know if we have one in our area but I will check it out.

5. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    This is news for me! Great news, I need a few appliances and I can't buy for retail price at once. I checked out a few and I found them in a few surrounding areas. Thanks for sharing this information it is very important.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard about this. That is amazing. A dishwasher for $5! So great. I'm going to check and see if there is one in Los Angeles. I might be able to find some things for my new place. Thanks so much for this post!