The Seemingly Not So Great Exercise Gadgets

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by explorerx7 • Jan 25, 2016.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    There is no shortage of advertisements offering quick results exercise gadgets. U are led to believe a short period of time usually a couple of weeks solely on these machines will bring amazing results. My main concern, however, is the frequency of the introduction of new equipment in this category, which has led me to believe that these gadgets are not providing the results as advertised.

2. valedevento

valedeventoNew Member

Threads:
    I once bought one of those ab workout devices, but I already sold it again. I still prefer to do ab exercises the normal way and I don't think the gadgets actually work. They might work a little, but usually it is only to make us believe we need it, while we don't ... Every few months they come up with another gadget that is even better than the first and it makes you wonder what was wrong with the first one :)

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never personally used one of those, but I've alway been very curious about their efficacy. Of course I've wanted to take short cuts, especially where abs are concerned because as well know, that's a notoriously difficult area to tackle. So I'm glad to hear those machines are not much cop, because I really wouldn't want to waste my money on them. I always thought they probably promised way more than they can deliver, anyway LOL

4. valedevento

valedeventoNew Member

Threads:
    I am afraid that there are no shortcuts to getting healthy and fit. The abs are a very difficult area to train, I have to accept that I will never have a flat belly. I do run to burn some fat and do some 'normal' ab exercises, that combined with a healthy eating habbit will do the trick, eventually ...

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @

....exactly; I totally agree. I too have had to wake up to the fact that the best thing you can do for yourself is eat a healthy diet and take up some exercise. This at least ensures lasting results, plus there are no nasty side effects of any kind. I've realised that the older we get, the more we seem to collect fat around the midriff, and that's by far my worst nightmare. I may never get a 6 pack or a completely flat tummy, but as long as it's not big, protruding or falling to my knees, i'm happy :)

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use any gadgets to exercise. Well...if you consider the workout apps as gadgets related, then maybe I do. But in the sense of ab gadgets or any other exercise gadgets, nope, haven't bought, tried or used them. I rely on plain old walking for my cardio. I watch YouTube videos to do some yoga or HIIT or other exercises. I have apps that help me be fit as well. And so far, these are enough to maintain my weight.

7. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I would just have to say that I am weary of any product that is claiming quick results and anything that seems out of the ordinary. We all know that things do not change overnight, and that it takes hard word and determination to see results. That will never change. Are there improvements, sure, but should we accept all claims made, no way.