The Slushy Cup

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Farrah • Jul 29, 2012.

1. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I drink protein shakes, a couple times a day, and never have a blender while I am on the go. I tried out the As Seen On Tv Slushy Cup. Its great! I can make my shakes where ever I am, even the car. I know the commercial makes it look like its for kids to make slushys but I really think they are missing the market demographic. Thumbs up Slushy Cup.

2. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    How cool... I just saw a commercial for that the other day. Yes, they make it look like the Slushy Cup is for little kids, but I could definitely benefit from it. I'm thinking about getting one someday since you said it really works. Thanks for the review!

3. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your input! I have been seeing that on TV and thought it looked like it was for children too, but now I will have to look more into it :D

4. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I've never seen the slushy cup. How exactly does it work that allows you to make shakes where ever you are? I might be interested in something like this, seen as how I don't own a blender myself.

5. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    My daughter wants one of these pretty bad, but I've been reluctant to break down and buy it.

Does anyone else have one? Would you recommend it?

6. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I'd like to hear a review from someone who actually has made a slushie with this. I, too, have not seen this infommercial yet. But it sounds like it would make a yummy, not-to-sweet treat for the summer time.

7. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    My friend at work bought it for her kid but she brings it to work all the time and uses it, haha. It is really neat and the drinks you make come out pretty good; I think her son is pissed off that he never gets to use it though. Haha.

8. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I love slushies. I might have to look into this!

And I'm a protein shake girl so this product would get good use. As always I want to know if the product is worth the price?

9. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    I usually don't have too much faith in products from commercials but if you say that this "slushy cup" is great for blending stuff I will definetely tell my mother about this. She will be so delighted to try it

10. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using it for a month now, and it works perfect every time! I drink 2 meal replacement shakes a day. One at home in the morning, and the other usually while I am on the go with the magic cup. It has really saved me. Those shaker cups with the wisk ball thingy wasn't really getting it for me. But this makes a perfect shake for me every time.

11. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I bit the bullet and bought one for my daughter. It works great so far.

12. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    I'm actually not having very much luck with mine, but then again I did only use it once or twice. It doesn't seem to make the proper consistency if I use it on, say, some lemonade. I've read very mixed reviews online so part of me thinks that it must have something to do with the types of liquids you use in the cup. Maybe that makes some sort of difference.

13. KineticFreeze

KineticFreezeNew Member

Threads:
    I've been eyeing one of these for awhile but the shipping to Canada always seems to kill the deal for me. It's usually more expensive than the cup itself. Maybe next time I'm down in Florida I should ship one there.

Has anyone founda good place to order these that will ship to Canada for a good price?

14. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    They sell them at all Walmarts. Do you have Walmart in Canada? Its in the As Seen On Tv Aisle.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the review, I have been wanting to purchase one to make wine slushies. Now I know I will get one.

16. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I actually just got some margarita, mojito, and lemon slushie mix. You can use alcohol or you can make them virgin by using something like 7-Up. There are plenty of other ways to make slushies, but I would love to hear more about this device. From all of these posts, it sounds like a great product but how does it work? Any updated reviews?

17. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting I had wondered if this thing really did work. Although, I do agree they do seem to target the commercials more toward kids. I think about the channel that I have seen it primarily advertise on Cartoon Network, more or less a channel for kids. You are so right, the commercial needs to be redone, its alright to say kids will love it, but how about also saying so will adults. The slushy cup is great for protein drinks and smoothies. Now suddenly they're targeting more of a market and even aiming it at single adults who may find such a cup beneficial to their needs as well.

18. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I have been looking for a blender for my green shakes. I have not seen the infomercials for this one yet. Off to youtube.com to check it through.

19. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I am super excited to hear that this product worked! I have been seeing this for awhile and like a lot of you said As Seen on TV products sometimes just let you down. I love making Smoothies and drinks. By the way they market they do market towards children, but I think they should try to go ahead and try another marketing approach or make a different one to appeal to adults, because with your reviews seems like it can benefit anyone. Guess I will be going to Walmart today ;)