The Slushy Maker Cup

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by barkingsquirrel • Apr 22, 2015.

1. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    Don't waste your money on this one, folks!

My son desperately wanted one, so I told him if he wanted one that bad, he'd have to use his allowance money to buy it. That's exactly what he did, but boy was he disappointed when it didn't work. We tried it twice - the second time I followed the steps in the instructions with him to make sure he was doing it right.

It didn't work again. He was bummed until I explained how we could return it and get his money back. I guess I took it for granted that he already knew about refunds! Anyway, needless to say, no more slushy cup for us.

What was your experience with the slushy cup? Did it work for you?

2. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    My sister bought a slushy cup maker and it was actually quite good. It didn't cost a lot of money and was quite cheap and she loved it. I think it worked very well because it's a manual slushy maker where you have to use a little bit of force to crush the ice and eventually it would come out just like a slushy, but maybe it's a little bit different and slightly harder where it's not as smooth as an electric slushy maker, but still, it was worth its price and she's happy with it.

3. Eiko

EikoMember

Threads:
    My boyfriend had bought one on impulse about a year ago. We used it only a few times but it seemed to work out each time although I didn't really enjoy using the cup as a cup. I loved to put my orange juice in it to chill it and make it into a smoothie-type drink.

I'm sorry your experience wasn't so great with it! I still prefer using the good old blender and ice over it if that helps!

4. Rowan

RowanNew Member

Threads:
    Well, for me it sometimes did, and sometimes didn't work.
    When it did work, it was still annoying because the entire cup is taken up by those stupid ice cubes so you don't get very much out of it.
    You have to shake it pretty hard for the full two minutes or it doesn't work well.
    Also the brand might matter.
    I had slushy magic.
    It was around $9.95 per cup.

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Wait, which one are we talking about? I found like ten in five minutes. Slushy Magic? Squeezy Freezy? ChillFactor? this one looked decent:

6. Rowan

RowanNew Member

Threads:
    I don't know which one other people are talking about, but I mean slushy magic. I haven't ever tried any others so I can't say how those work.
    Slushy magic is the only one I was talking about with prices and stuff.
    You can get whatever you want, some may be better, some may be worse.

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I look at this and think it's cool for about a second. Then I think, what's wrong with just using the blender? I mean, yeah, I'd like to have a slushy maker if it actually works, but I don't trust a lot of this stuff, so I rarely buy any. I thought one of these might be good for making those frappe drinks and stuff, but I think I'll just stick to the trusty blender. Well, if a knock off of these shows up at Dollar Tree at some point (as often happens), I'll grab one for a buck.