The Voice vs The X-Factor

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Oct 25, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love watching The Voice and The X-Factor voice talent shows. It's hilarious to see contestants of all kinds audition and try to get the hearts of the audience and the hosts alike. The hosts are pretty good of course. The X-Factor has Simon Cowell and his stingy comments while The Voice has Christina, Adam, Blake and CeeLo. Which is better? It's The Voice IMO. What because of the great, enthusiastic hosts. They have a chemistry that other hosts do not have. What do you think?
    [video=youtube;jGl4GiW6ffw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGl4GiW6ffw[/video]

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've only ever watched a few episodes from each show, but I do agree that the judges on The Voice seem to at least have a better chemistry. Of shows like these, I only ever watched American Idol back when it still had some charm, and even then, I only ever watched the initial episodes when they are auditioning people for the actual show. If I had to choose between these two shows, I'd pick The Voice as well, just because of the judges.

3. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I like the voice better. I like the banter between the hosts when they want to steal a singer. I think it's so funny how they like to take pot shots at each other.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like The Voice better because of the unique way that the judges approve of the singer, by turning their front bodies to face the person that's singing. But I only watch the audition parts of these shows. When it's over, I get bored because there's nothing funny to see anymore.

#4Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  5. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I love the Voice. I have never been one to watch singing shows, but I love the setup and comradery between the judges. It really switches up the American Idol formula.

6. steisehodgson

steisehodgsonMember

Threads:
    Both the US and UK versions of the voice are awesome! the coaches are soo much more funny and entertaining to watch. There's less drama and bickering between them and the the contestants are specially invited so they all pretty much have mega talent to begin with.
    They blind auditions are sooo fun to watch and the way the rest of the show is structured is 100 times better than x factor

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer The Voice! I didn't enjoy it when Shakira and Usher replaced Christina and Cee Lo, but this season I have been loving it! Different from The X Factor, which I enjoyed last season but this season with Paulina (who is so annoying), and Kelly I'm not feeling it so much. I think the judges are key for a show like this. They need to have great chemistry and have something interesting to say every time.

8. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I love watching the voice and this season is one of their best. I like the talent they have because they pick some really good singers on this show. I do have my favorites that I want to win just like everyone else and I do get disappointed when they don't make it, but that is what makes this such a good show. I like the competitions between the singers in each team the best. Hearing them sing against each other is the best part of the show because they get to put their all out there in the beginning in order to show their potential to the judges. I think this show will be around for a long time and I hope that it doesn't start to get boring like American Idol.

9. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    My mother loves the voice and for some reason I've never been into it. All this fuss about getting onto a "team" and after the season is over we never hear from the singers again. Even though American Idol has taken a nose dive in the ratings people become celebrities from that show. I mean that's the point of going on the show right? To get recognition and a record deal. Not to fade into oblivion once the show is over.

10. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Both are a showcase for terrible singers but at least the Voice is somewhat entertaining. So, if I really had to choose from the two, I'd choose the Voice.

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never have really been into these kinds of shows but I started watching the Voice for Adam. I watched X Factor last year to see how Britney would do. I like them both. I really couldn't choose because they both have something special about them. The Voice is more classy. I like all the judges (even Shakira and Usher) and their banter. The X Factor has made me like Demi. I am indifferent about Paulina and Kelly but it's always good to watch because of the girls banter with Simon. The Voice obviously has more talented singers but the X Factors' contestants are more entertaining. I never had anyone to root for on these shows though until this year. I actually like Jeff Gutt. I have always been pretty indifferent with covers contestants do on singing shows but with Jeff it is different.

12. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    Though I have liked Simon since his Idol days, I would have to say The Voice. They have the best judges and I agree that they have really great chemistry. Blake is funny and I didn't know that before watching the show, Ceelo can be a bit weird and kinda creepy at times but it makes for good tv, Adam is someone whom I've loved his music since 2004 and he has a great personality. Last but not least Miss Christina, I have loved her voice since the first time I heard it. The X-Factor in my opinion just cannot compare!!!

13. freebiefan1

freebiefan1New Member

Threads:
    Neither. I used to watch "The voice", but Adam and Blake are too annoying for my taste.

14. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I much prefer the X Factor to The Voice. I like The Voice when it is the auditions as it is interesting to see who is going to turn around but sometimes it is annoying when such good singers get turned away. After the auditions of The Voice I get fed up of watching as the rest of the series is a cruel, long and drawn out process. The X Factor is a lot better as you get to see the good auditions but unlike The Voice the funny auditions are included too. I am not keen on bootcamp stage of the programme but the live shows are a lot better than those on The Voice. Overall I would watch The X Factor over The Voice any day, I do watch both though.