The Walmart Self Scan Dilemma - Beavercreak Ohio Location

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Daria • Dec 9, 2013.

1. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    Beavercreek, Ohio just had it's Walmart renovated and redone. It is huge, beautiful and well done. However, there is one aspect that I do not like. They have tons and tons of self scan items, and fewer lanes with registers, now.

The problem is that the self scan bagging areas are tiny. You end up having to place your bags on the floor to make room for more stuff. Or, end the transaction and start a new one - bags still end up on the floor. Even then, it is suppose to work so you can take your bags off. It did not, and has not yet.

I really do not like their Self Scan set up. I actually want to buy less with them because I know their tiny self scanners are going to make me go bonkers.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I use to hate self scan but recently they redid their self scans here where i'm at and I love them now. THey don't give me as much trouble like before it's a lot easier and quicker now. If I have a lot I usually go to a register unless the lines are too long than I use self scan and just place my bags in my cart so that I have room for the rest.

3. tcomfortbl

tcomfortblNew Member

Threads:
    I feel that most of the time I self scan the attendant working has to help in most situations. I usually stay away from the self scanners unless I only have a few items.

4. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use self scan every time I go check out my items because the Wartmart that's near my house is always full of people. I don't really like the self scan and try to avoid using it unless I have fewer than 3 items that I need to be checked out immediately. I don't really mind waiting in the line to check out my items.

5. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The use of self scan is just a way that Wal Mart and other stores can save money. These self scan are horrible every time I use them. Each time I have to get the service guy to come over and figure what is wrong with it.

6. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I guess you mean self checkouts? I never really have any problems with them except for sometimes when I have coupons the coupons don't always go through. I like to do self checkouts so I don't have to wait in a long line and I don't have to wait for a cashier to scan my items.

7. yambfas

yambfasMember

Threads:
    I'm a little torn about the self scans. We had a new Walmart open up about 3 minutes from where I live. I think I've used the self scan every time I've gone. Something about it appeals to my personality - I don't like to wait and I'd rather just take care of things myself. But there are problems every once in awhile and it can take awhile to resolve the issue. Not too long ago, I had to wait forever for the attendant to help me get the right bag of cat food - I'm not sure the savings was worth the wait. For now though, I'll continue to self scan.

8. quitetenacious

quitetenaciousNew Member

Threads:
    I have been to several Walmarts recently where I am starting to see this trend, a ton of self check out with fewer actual check out lanes with a register. Of those lanes that still have a register they typically only have a few open. I don't know why they do this. The self check out is extremely difficult to use for some people. Walmart ultimately just wants to save money and the self check out option reduces the need for paying yet another cashier.

9. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    Went to Wal-Mart one time to purchase groceries. When I was done and searching at the front for a register that was open that wasn't complete back up and couldn't find one, I elected to use the self check out. I scanned over $250 worth of groceries and bagged them myself. When I went to pay for the order, the computer froze. I was then advised to go over to another counter where we could un-bag all of the groceries and re-scan them. Agitated at that point seeing that I just spent half an hour scanning and bagging everything, I explained to the employees I would not be un-bagging and re-scanning anything. I left and went to Krogers to buy groceries.

The self check outs are great if you only have a few items, but overall they're there to save the company even more money on labor. I think we would all be better off if we did not shop there as much.

10. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    I've heard several complaints regarding the self-scan units in Walmart, and most people that start using them almost always end up switching to the cashier-operated ones instead due to inability to scan some items themselves or problems with the automated computer.

11. jazzalazz

jazzalazzMember

Threads:
    I prefer the self scanners over having a cashier. You can place the bags in a buggy instead of the floor. The main problem that I have experienced with the scanners is them sensing a product in the bagging area after you have scanned it. Sometimes they do not sense them, and you must have an employee come and punch in a code to allow you to continue scanning.

12. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I actually prefer the self scan since Wal Mart is one of the more busy stores in my neighborhood. I do agree that they should look into getting some more space so that you have enough room for the groceries that are already bagged, but at the same time I feel like they may do that on purpose so that people will only bring a certain amount of products to the self scan. I've never had any issues with it and plan to continue using it. Hope they fix up the one in your neighborhood though.

13. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I love the self scan at Wal-Mart. Ours has a large area that you can move your full bags to and there is hardly ever a line. It has made shopping at Wal-Mart more enjoyable to me because even before they had self scan, they only had a couple lines open with very long lines.