Theme Park Recommendations

Discussion in Travel started by DrRipley • May 31, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've fortunately gotten to experience a good variety of theme parks in my lifetime, and I enjoyed my time in every one of them. The most common ones are in the U.S., of course, such as Disneyland and Universal Studios, etc., but I know there are theme parks in some countries that aren't as famous, but still very fun, so I thought we could discuss some of the more obscure ones in this thread. Still, if the popular ones are the only ones you have experience with, then please still do share your experience with us here.

My pick as an obscure theme park that is still worth a visit would be Hong Kong's Ocean Park. I admit that it might not be good enough to serve as a reason for travelling to that country like Disneyland would, but still I think it is worth dropping by there if you are already in HK anyway. The theme is as the name says, which is ocean life, so you could go see gigantic aquariums filled with many interesting underwater species as well as go on some common rides like ferris wheels and carousels, etc.

hong-kong-ocean-park-aquarium.

2. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    My recommendation is Universal Orlando Resort its superb them park and i really like in all of them because many tourist have wish to go there..

orlando.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say for a scenic area that has several good but small theme parks, I would travel to North Carolina in the Great Smokey Mountains. In one town called, Maggie Valley you can take ski lifts up to the Ghost Town in the Sky. I will attach a photo. Here you can enter a time gone by where the outlaws and the lawmen have good old fashion draws. Nearby is the larger Dollywood, also set in the picturesque mountain side and equipped with several roller-coaster rides. But the best roller-coaster 'theme' type park I have been to is Cedar Point Ohio. Michigan actually has a Michigan Adventures theme park but I have never been there (shamefully). I know you said which is your favorite but its too hard to choose, so I'm posting these 3 as a must see if you ever find yourself in those areas. ghost-town-shoot-out-300x200.

4. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    Cedar point is one of the best in the them parks and i really like if you want to go in the vacation i bet with you that you would be enjoy that days and write in the history moment of you happiness...

5. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Daren! You are absolutely right. I agree with you. Cedar Point is America’s 2nd largest park. It is very beautiful and awesome place for entertainment. I visited it last year after Hawaii Island tours. I found it fabulous with breathtaking views. It’s all rides are very thrilling and exciting. Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster are my most favorite rides there. I love to go there again and again.