Theme Restaurants

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Sep 5, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I heard from a friend who just went to Medieval Times for the first time, which is a theme restaurant that supposedly has joust battles and thematic food, that it was so much fun. I'd like to go myself but it's very far away from where I am, and I'm not exactly too fond of medieval period anyway. I also have seen a few features on tv about Nascar restaurants but I don't think they take it as far as Medieval Times. Anyway, I'm hoping to get a few other themed restaurants that do take it as far as medieval times but only with a different theme. So far the only other places I know of are in Japan in which some are horror themed with 'horrific' themed food and dining booths.

Any other themed restaurants that you guys know of or have visited? Care to share your knowledge or experience?

3819419434_bbe25a58e6.

#1Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  2. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to visit one of these theme restaurants one day. I reside in Kansas City and I don't think we have anything even close to that. I imagine this would be a pretty expensive place to eat. The entertainment would never get old.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I cannot recall anything super exotic off the top of my head. But there is one bar/restaurant in Japan that is themed after my all time favorite horror movie, Suspiria:

I doubt I will ever make it to Japan, let alone ever be able to find this place if I did some how make it out there, since I don't speak Japanese. But it's always been a dream of mine to check it out. Maybe if I hit the lottery or something.

There is a local restaurant near me that used to be an old bank, and they kept a lot of the original decor which was from the early 1900's - and revitalized it. One of the fun things though is the big bank vault was converted into a private room for parties. So they literally put a big table in the vault itself, then pulled out random drawers and placed candles in them for ambiance. It was kind of fun and cozy, we've been in there several times now.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    We went to a Speakeasy in Orlando that was awesome! I can't find it on the internet though so I think it might of closed. You had to have a secret code word to enter the door, no dress code but the actors were all from the roaring 20s. They had a stage show that interacted with the audience and the wait staff all talked like James Cagney! The watered down alcoholic drinks were free flowing from large pitchers until the police busted the party of course and then it was time to go home! We had a blast. For those who aren't in an area with such a themed restaurant, this link popped up when I was searching for the address and it is a fun idea:

you can rent this band and create your own theme party. It is for large crowds but I have been to smaller graduation parties that had a similar theme and it was really fun.

5. johnlena112

johnlena112New Member

Threads:
    Over the last few years, I’ve seen some very unique theme restaurants from around the world. HOTELSalso belong to my favourite topics to cover, which is why I’m so excited to have some of the most creative gems right here in one place. This cluster of unique theme restaurants and eccentric cafes is a true treat to look at, and while many look like they would be incredible to dine at, there are others I’d rather never see in real life (like the jail cell restaurant—no thanks!).