therapuetic writing

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by roy835 • Oct 22, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    This is one of the best ways to help yourself remain healthy and/or heal. If something is bothering you, physical, mental, emotional. If you take some time to keep a Journal or diary and when certain things are bothering you, you can just write about whatever it may be. For some reason when you write about your problems you seem to be able to find more solutions more easily. And even if you don't find clear solutions all of the time, writing about your problems or troubles can be very effective in relieving stress. You don't have to be a great writer. Just take pen and paper or type on your computer and just elaborate about what is going on. After a while in many cases you can almost feel stress leaving your body. I like to write about many issues that I am faced with because the process really helps me to relieve stress and that in itself can be much of a solution.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It can be a great way of 'letting off steam.' I've never kept a journal or diary though because I'd hate it if someone invaded my privacy and read whatever private thoughts I'd written down. Instead, being an amateur novelist I always try to funnel my emotions into whatever I am writing. It may not be as good as writing about one's problems but it works for me.

#2Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for this wonderful post. I agree with you. Writing is a very educational and therapeutic activity. :) I kept a journal since I was in grade school though I don't know where my old journals are anymore. I also keep a blog. :)

4. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I have to keep a journal. It helps me to get my thoughts out in a more organized way. It also helps me in achieving my goals. I write down what I want to achieve and reread what I wrote to keep me going. It is very therapeutic.

5. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    This is something that I've been doing for several years now. It always works. I think it's better than throwing plates at the wall to release anger. Lol. I just let my mind and hand loose, let them do their thing, and the next thing I know, I'm feeling a whole lot better.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Agree. I've heard this tip before and I plan on following it. I'm hoping to get myself a good notebook and write my thoughts down very soon. I think it's a great way to visualize your thoughts and to let it out so it doesn't end up bouncing around your head too much. From what I heard it really is very helpful and hopefully I will find the same results for myself when I do try it out.