Thoughts on American Airlines?

Discussion in Travel started by Mayvin • Aug 12, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Had to go to airport today to go with my younger sibling and help them board on the plane and I was a bit annoyed by the fact that they needed to check in her carry on bag because it was "too big" and ended up paying an additional $35 for it a grand total of $60. They don't provide food on the plane ( on airlines anymore really) and have been reading alot of negative reviews of this airline. I heard that another airline doesn't even charge check bag fees.

Hard to believe but if that's true that would be great. What are your experiences on this airline?

2. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    American Airlines is definitely not the way to go. I am a Delta frequent flyer, and I love their services. True, they still charge bag check fees, but generally carry-ons that make it to the gate are not charged and they use the jetway baggage area to take care of it. Delta does also allow you to purchase food on board, but there is no airline that serves food, outside of an international flight. They do still have complimentary food and beverages on those international flights, as well as wine served with dinner complimentary.

If you felt that you couldn't deal with Delta, I would suggest United as the next step down...American is in line with US Air.

3. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Jdwriter! Yes you are right almost every airline charges bag check fee. I am also a Delta frequent flyer. And I like their services. It was one of the first airlines who launch frequent flyer program. I think Delta is best.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't flown much with American Airlines. I usually book the cheapest and shortest flights to my destinations. Recently I have flown with Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airways, Lufthansa, Qantas, and I haven't had any problems with them at all. Some years ago, I was on a Delta flight, but there was nothing outstanding about it, apart from really stressed stewardesses.
    So, which American airline would you recommend if I had to chose one?

5. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    American Airlines is most eager to hear your story and mostly Airlines of america has comfortable but tickets are expensive staff,food and all the management in airlines are good...