Thoughts on Comcast? (Internet and Cable)

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by SEA81 • Apr 17, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    When I first started with Comcast, I paid about $80 for cable and internet. Now I'm playing almost $200! I called the other day to try to lower my bill, but she said the only ways I could do that was to get rid of my DVR $16 a month, get rid of HBO (forgot the price) or go back to basic cable (which would really not be that much cheaper in the grand scheme). Does anyone else pay this much? My aunt claims she only pays $60 a month for pretty much the same services I have. That's almost the price of my internet alone!

2. prescott911

prescott911New Member

Threads:
    That's horrible! I actually had Comcast up until this Monday, when I had Verizon Fios installed. My guess is that Comcast has or had a monopoly in your area. You should really look into Fios, they have much higher quality products being fiber-optic. While Comcast internet and tv are on an open-loop meaning that your neighborhood has one huge "wired-router" that everybody uses and when lots of homes on that open-loop are using the tv and/or internet your service quality is being divided more and more as people get on-line or turn their tv's on.

I hope you have Fios in your area. Click check availability down near the bottom of the page of this verizon link if you're interested:

3. cashorcheck

cashorcheckNew Member

Threads:
    I agree, we have entered the Monopoly era, if you want a little, pay a lot; if we want more, pay a little more. Therefore nobody goes basic as it is a rip-off either way.

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I have satellite and I pay the same as you do about $200 per month. The cable/satellite companies have been raising their prices, to compensate for their loses. The Internet is taking over their business, and it will only be a matter of time before cable is a thing of the past. I noticed that the cable companies allow you free channels for a couple of months, and when you forget about them they hit you with a huge bill. They have been using this strategy for many years, and it works on almost every customer. I've been thinking about discontinuing my satellite, and just watch all of my favorite shows on the Internet.

5. iam911

iam911Member

Threads:
    I only have internet, and it costs about $60 a month. I feel they charge too much, but they are the only provider in the area. I wish I could get it for cheaper, and I will definitely try to call them to see if they can lower the cost.

6. jojocoach

jojocoachNew Member

Threads:
    I have comcast internet and pay $26.99/mo plus taxes. This is their economy service that they do not advertise. You have to ask for it. It is not as fast as the other, but is plenty fast for me as I am not a gamer. It downloads everything I need really quickly. You might check and see if this is in your area.

7. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Comcast has been a mixed bag for me. When it is working, I don't have any complaints. The problem is, that it is down too often and there is poor customer service in those situations.