Thrift stores

Discussion in Office Supplies started by roy835 • Oct 11, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    Do you shop at thrift stores? If not you may be wasting your money. Thrift stores are some of the best places to shop and save. Oftentimes they have great quality products for very cheap. I shop at them at times for clothes, shoes, things for the apartment or house and other things. You can find really nice things at thrift stores. Why buy new when you can buy quality used for very cheap? Check it out in your area.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I shop at thrift stores first for just about everything. Clothes in particular I never even bother to look for new ones, only used. New clothes are just too over priced. I don't know that I have ever found office supplies at a thrift store though. Office supplies are usually consumables, so you can't really buy them used. Goodwill might get a shipment of overstocks of school supplies in the fall though, but I am not sure. I know they do get overstock items donated to them at times.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends. When I try to look for rare items verging on the antique, going to the thrift store would be worth it. I tend to find a treasure trove of rare - although sometimes dustry - stuff whenever I visit a thrift shop. My friend even bought a Da Vinci Code book for a little over a dollar and it still looked new. However, when I buy clothes, I always prefer something new yet affordable. So to the department stores I go.