Thriftbooks

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by DanaScullys • Aug 14, 2015.

1. DanaScullys

DanaScullysNew Member

Threads:
    Just in case you all haven't heard of it...

I strongly recommend using Thriftbooks (dot) com for your book purchases! If you aren't a big fan of ebooks and you aren't too snobby about having the New Book Smell, this site could change your (ridiculous book purchasing) ways! Prices vary, but most books are around $4-- even the hardcover copies! There are also usually bundles (usually 3 for $9) for certain books or children's books, etc.

I've purchased from them three times and only once did I receive a book that didn't look brand new (it had a little bit of tearing at the corner, but no real damage). Obviously, check the condition listings and such before you buy, but I personally love this site.

Has anyone here ever used it?

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Do they ship worldwide? I love reading traditional paper books. Problem is, books here are quite expensive especially the hardbound ones. Thrifting books are a good idea since it does not really make a difference if you own a secondhand one. I just need the story to be read. So many thanks for this tip! I will check this site out now.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I must confess I have never heard of it. I try not to buy books anymore, other than kindle versions as I just have way too many, and don't know what I am going to do with the ones I have now. It sounds like an interesting site though and one I would enjoy. It sounds like a great way to save money as well.