Tide Pods

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Sugarhill • May 14, 2012.

1. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone tried them? I happened across them in the grocery store in late March. I went ahead and took a chance on them because I was buying them for my mother. She had just left the hospital and wouldn't always have someone with her to help her with her laundry. She says that she likes them a lot and that the clothes came out really well.

I was really hoping that she would be satisfied with them as it beats her having to bend over to lift a bottle.

2. Wheely

WheelyNew Member

Threads:
    Tide pods are a plus! They are way more convenient and easier to use than regular detergent, but they do just as good a job. You just drop it in with your clothes and turn the machine on. I am a college student with a disability, and I use these when I do laundry at the dorm.

3. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    I like to use them just because I think they are cool and I don't really like when they laundry detergent bottle gets detergent that you measured in the cap all over it. I did hear that did made them though because they have recently lost a huge part of their market share from cheaper detergents like arm and hammer and this was their way of trying to repackage it and make it exciting for costumers again.

4. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I actually just got a sample of these a week ago and I did use mine yesterday. They were super easy to use and there was nothing I had to do but drop it in with my clothes. I would definitely buy these as long as the price is not too outrageous or I have to pay more than what I am already paying for the Tide bottle.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, my mother was really pleased with them. She says that she will getting more. I don't recall them being that much more than the bottle, but I would still go ahead and buy them for her. The convenience makes the price difference worth it to her. She could never get the larger bottles that were cheaper overall or on sale because they were just too heavy for her to keep bending over to pick up.

I'm glad they are working out well for you, Wheely.

6. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I have gotten samples of both Tide Pods and Purex Pods. They are very easy to use and they don't get my clothes any less clean than if I used a regular liquid. I think that the only downside is the price. But you pay for convenience. You have to be careful to keep the bag sealed so that they don't dry out.

7. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I really like to use these as they work out great in my washer. The only caution you need to make is keep them well out of reach of kids. I seen the news reports where some kids think these are candy and try to eat them.

8. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Which I have to say, I think is absolutely ridiculous. What kind of parents are leaving these things low enough for a child to get a hold of them? If nothing else, take them out of the bag and put them in another type of container that is more difficult to open. A regular bottle of Tide shouldn't be low enough for a child to drink out of, there is no way that a parent with half a lick of sense should think it would be okay for those pods to be on the floor or a bottom shelf.

9. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMildMember

Threads:
    I'm intrigued by these and the convenience implied is grin producing. One thing I've always been irritated by was when you're at the
    last of the bottle and have to stand there for 10 minutes watching the last of the detergent drip into the cup, that is, if you're a
    cheapskate like me. But with 3 kids, I hate to let anything go to waste, and I usually buy Gain and love it immensely, so I refuse to
    waste a drop. And believe it or not, kids are resourceful. To assume that a child can't figure out a child lock or where mom and dad
    hide the no-no stuff is facetious. You can hide/lock something up as much as you want to, but a determined kid will find a way
    eventually. To automatically lump the parents of said resourceful, Maguyver kids in the unfit or moronic group is an unfair characterization.

10. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I disagree. I really don't think children are so determined that they would be climbing up for "candy" in the laundry room or wherever all of the harmful chemicals are stored. What next? The Comet was mistaken for a spilled Pixy Stick? Windex is the new Kool Aid flavor? Yes, there have been accidents with those types of things and you know what, those parents were idiots for leaving them out in easy reach for their kids, too.

Most of the adults that have seen and used the pods have themselves noticed how "cute" they are, so if you have kids, then your next thought would be about your kid's reaction to it.

11. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I love them. They are so convenient and just through one into the wash. I am so clumsy I almost always spill liquid detergent or powdered at some point before the bottle is empty. They do a great job cleaning and I am very happy with them. I do with the price was a bit lower though, but oh well.