Time Spent Online Shopping

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Ke Gordon • Aug 13, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How much time do you spend online shopping? I realize it partially depends on whether you need something or not. As I have mentioned, I mostly shop on Amazon and I wait until have some gift certificates to use on there then I will spend time shopping and looking on the site. I will also sometime compare prices on other sites with thso on Amazon.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't spend much time shopping online because I buy all my stuff on Ebay and from sellers I regularly do business with. While yes, at times I miss out on deals [because I don't do any price comparisons] but I do save some money anyway because I buy used items mostly and the prices normally are wallet-friendly.

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As its not something that has crossed my mind until now - I can't say for sure how much time I spend shopping online - but as its not something that I do regularly and is generally only done when I have something specific that I need to buy and when I do usually only use a couple of favorite sites that I have used for years - probably way less than average - even though I will always look for best deals, read reviews and compare prices before I buy.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, even when I don't need anything, I will find myself browsing Amazon.co.uk. Ebay, for me, is usually visited when I have something specific that I'd like to buy or need, because the prices are much better, and the items seem much likely to arrive faster than that of amazon's shipping services. I can spend a good hour or two browsing these two online stores, not really visiting any other online stores, as I don't trust any of them yet.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I have my fair share of online shopping sprees, I'm not exactly what you call a "frequent shopper." I love to browse through new items, though, and that's what takes up most of my time. When I buy, I simply place an order, charge it to my debit card (or have it delivered to my office then pay upon receiving the item) and be done with it. If you happen to have enough money for shopping, looking through the other items on display may end up ruining your saving. You'd no doubt be tempted to buy more.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I spend maybe two or three minutes per week on average with online shopping. It's not like I search around aimlessly looking for something to buy. If I need something, the I know exactly what I need, and then I go buy it from a reputable seller or retailer online. I'm not going to waste hours each week with online shopping because that's a waste of some valuable time if you ask me. I've never understood why people spend so much time shopping online or even in stores.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually window shop or bid for fun, so that usually takes me around 15 mins. to 1 hour. If I want to buy something specific, then it will take no more than 15 mins., since I will just compare prices and that's it.

8. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I'm pretty similar to @sidney@sidney, I usually window shop all the time for around an hour or so randomly throughout the day but when it's time to actually buy an item, I'll be done in five minutes because I already know what I want to buy. I do however tend to be more impulsive when I buy items on auction on eBay.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I spend a lot of time shopping online when I'm in a buying phase because I like to research as much as I can with each item. If I have multiple items to buy I'd look each one up to see if I really am getting the best price, or if the marked down price the sites are showing me are purely for show, which they often are to be honest. I also like to calculate how much I could spend after I've rounded up all that I plan to buy, and sometimes due to budget constraints I have to eliminate some items which also takes up some time.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't spend much time online shopping at all, I don't think. I usually just browse products, knowing in my mind that I either don't have the money to purchase anything, or that I am just gathering new information on a product before I can even begin to feel comfortable about purchasing it. I am not a shopper. I don't like to shop in-store, or online, but I will do it.

11. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I could spend more time online shopping. I love looking for sales and then buying enough to ensure free shipping. I also only shop at online stores that I either return items in my city to an actual store or they give you postage for returns so you don' t have to pay for the return. I love browsing online at things. My only complaint is when they run out of my size and it's the end of the season so I'm out of luck until next year. This happened recently with a bathing suit I was going to buy from Lands End.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I too am like you. I do a lot of surveys and get amazon gift cards. Bing.com also has bing rewards where amazon gift cards are given for rewards so I do go to amazon to window shop when I get over $35 so I can get the free shipping too. I'd spend time looking for things I need like coconut oil that Walmart doesn't carry, or purses & umbrellas or vitamins and herbs. I bought crocs and they fit nicely from amazon.com. I only browse when I have the money to buy. I recently got a D-Best Trolley Dolly from amazon.com. I saw one that was reduced price for it had a scratch on it. It was reduced more than $10 and I scooped it up quickly for when I asked customer service about the damage it was so minimal that I bought it right away!

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    But now that it is coming around to Christmas soon, I have found myself browsing certain websites more and more. My main two websites for online shopping are Amazon and Ebay, and then I will visit and browse the odd website so that I can get gifts for people that I don't seem to be able to find anywhere else. So my time spent shopping online has definitely increased.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Online shopping takes a little time because I only shop online when I have something specific in mind. I do not surf online shops like some of my friends who checks for what they can buy especially when there are discounted items. Now when I need something like a handbag for a gift, I would check on the online shops that I know and find a discounted handbag that is on sale.