Tinnitus

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by maryannballeras • Nov 18, 2014.

1. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    I'm a huge music enthusiast and I play a couple of instrument. Of course, most of the time, I have to play with a band and that I would be exposed to a lot of noises. However, I've noticed that every once in a while, I can hear this high-frequency sound in my ear, and it would last for a couple of seconds and would eventually disappear. I've searched for it and have known that the symptom is called "Tinnitus." Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, I've had it my whole life. I noticed it when I was little and I just thought I had super hearing and it was the electricity I heard lol. So I never really thought of it again. It's always there, I just don't notice it unless I pay attention. Because I was so small when I shrugged it off to being a supergirl, it never occurred to me to mention it to a doctor.. I always forget about it. It wasn't until recently I remembered it when it actually got so loud I couldn't hear my husband talking to me for a minute.. I looked it up and found out what it was. Some people are born with it, some people get it from damage caused by illness or injury (like loud music) and for even more it's temporary.

3. enell

enellMember

Threads:
    I'm a musician too and I play several instruments as well since along time. And yes, I happen to be one of the people that this (Tinnitus) happens temporary, and when it does, it really bothers me so bad, the sound starts in low frequency and in seconds, it gets higher and higher, to a level that I cover my ears with my hands, but that do not help at all, for the sound comes from within, and tho it lasts only for seconds, once it stops, I feel like I'm opening my eyes for the first time after along time of sleep. I don't know about you all, but, it really bothers me,.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had tinnitus from loud music. I have had it once or twice just randomly. So I do know what it's like, but for some reason I've never had it induced by music. Even after being in venues with loud music for hours.