Tip for Savings on Apple Product

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by nwitt • Apr 15, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    Two and a half years ago, I finally bought a Mac Air. I had been wanting a Mac product for a long time, but wasn't sure because of the total cost. Now that I have one, I think it's totally worth it! I've had a lot less computer issues. One tip to consider is that on large purchases, Apple allows you to apply for a 0% APR credit card when purchasing on their website. I'm not sure what the current credit card company is, but mine was through Barclay. I was able to put a total of around $1,600 on the card so that I could pay equal monthly payments for a year in order to pay off my purchase without being charged interest. If you have good credit, this is a great option to take advantage of. In the future, if we ever upgraded, I would do it again!

2. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest looking at the refurbished section on the apple page. I have seen a few good products there that were available at a fraction of the original price. Refurbished products are at a high standard and they come out really and last well. They are usually products that are returned with some minor faults and issues such as battery problems that are fixed and ready for resale.

3. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I may have to check that out next time I need to buy a computer. I wonder if they also throw in some amount of Apple Care coverage when you buy refurbished?

4. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I've never thought about buying refurbished. I'm going to look into that when I want to buy an iPhone 5 here within the next several months. I also earn money through my apple products so that's a way to save up for my next one. I'm hooked on apple so I have to stay with it.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As for me, I will just look into 2nd hand Apple products, because when they are older models, the price is really cheap. So you get to save a lot of money as compared to buying brand new ones.

6. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to Apple Macbooks, I would not mind getting myself a refurbished one. They are actually well taken care of and any issues are fixed. My brother bought one about two years ago and it still runs like new. It is a good product that I would recommend anyone to get. Refurbs are cheaper and you still get the value for your money.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Just be sure you're going to be able to actually pay it off in the designated time and it's a great option. Apple banks on people getting behind and eventually being able to charge interest on those amounts. People who aren't paying outright are also the type who tend to have other credit debt, so they know they can easily get overwhelmed and they'll benefit.

As for refurbished, I wonder what the original problem with most of them was.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    If you really want to save money on Apple products, go a for refurbished or a secondhand. They're a whole lot cheaper, but you have to consider the fact that those aren't brand new and if anything happens to them, you can't always rely on the warranty. And also, always pay for your product purchases on cash.