Tip For Shopping At Stores Like Ross Or Marshalls

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by MiMichelle • Nov 4, 2015.

1. MiMichelle

MiMichelleMember

Threads:
    I have a few of these store around me but I dread going in because they are always a mess and it looks like holiday season all year long. But I know you can occasionally get some good fines.
    Do any of you have any tips for shopping at stores like this?

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes going on a weekday can make a difference. I would avoid going in the evening though. If there's no change, I would contact headquarters.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have the same problem. I know there are great deals to be found in these stores, but I don't have time, quite frankly, to dig through racks and racks of unorganized stuff. I will go in every once in awhile when I have ample time and it doesn't look too crowded. I actually have a few articles of clothing that I've scored at Ross that have become my favorite, so I know the goods are there!

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I go to Ross Dept. Store on Tuesday's for their Senior Discounts. I find things I need when I window shop during the week and hope they'll be there on Tuesday's for my Senior Discount at the cashier. Our Ross Dept. Store is very well kept with new things all the time. I check the prices and quality too. Once I got a very good underwear by Bali that's lasted over 10 years already. I seem to have better buys when I window shop and take my time when shopping at Ross. I go different days to check when I need something to check the prices. You got to have patience and time to do all this, but it's fun to window shop anyway.:p

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    We have Marshalls and Winners where I live. Both are owned by the same company. I find Winners is better organized than Marshalls. I like to shop at Winners because of the way it is laid out. Both stores I find the racks organized and tidy but the layout is better at Winners. I find when you go to these stores you have to dedicate at least an hour to go through the racks to find clothes you like since it is such an array of clothes. I've learned over the years if you find something you like buy it right away and return it later if you find you don't like it. If you wait and go back it most likely will be gone. I love a good deal on brand name clothes so I shop at these two stores often.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It doesn't bother me and allows me to rummage without feeling guilty. I do think that it's hard job to keep on top of stock and tidying as I used to work in retail and so I try to do my bit and put things back where they should be. I think the best way to shop is to go there first before you have any bags with you and just pick up what you want and then sort it out later. I would rather staff be at the tills serving than tidying up; you can't have it both ways.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Go on a weekday morning when the store will be relatively quiet with minimal kids screeching and running about. Allow yourself plenty of time and, as @Theo@Theo says, go there first so you're not encumbered with bags.

8. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like a
    I like a store called Gabriels., they will frequently buy out stock from stores like Ross, and mark it down even further. Yes, there is little organization in the store, but Hey if I can save money...why not? However, that being said, I was there today, and I made a special trip to go there. That is the last time, because I didn't see anything that was that outstanding in terms of a purchase.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always went to Ross when I lived in the US, and I lived it. The first tip is to go and just look around, maybe a couple times if you need to. Then you get comfortable with the store, know where different departments are and will be able to look and search around more easily.

10. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I personally like shopping at stores like this because I feel like they sell brands at great prices. However, I do see what you are saying that they can be very messy and disorganized. There are several different TJMAXXs and Marshalls (No Rosses) in my area. Some of these stores are so much better then other ones. There are some TJMAXXs that I won't even go into because the one a few towns over is so much cleaner, more organized and offers better products. I think your experience all depends on the store because each are so different.

11. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I like going to Ross as well. If you know when the store tends to have quiet periods then go to the store then. You would think going to the store as soon as they open is the best time but that is not always the case. There is a thrift store near my house that stays packed and if they offer half price days? Then the parking lot will be busy before the store even opens. When ever you go to Ross, just be prepared to rummage a bit, especially if the store has a sale.

12. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I also think it depends on when you shop. The weekends are usually going to me more crazy and the store likely disorganized because sales associates as busy checking customers out. If you go during a work day I bet the store would be a lot quieter and neater. You can probably find what you are looking for with out having to deal with huge crowds or long lines.

13. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love to shop at those stores and I find that if you become friends with the employees there they will tell you the days that they get new shipments. Then ask them when they put them on the racks. This has helped me find brand new dresses.

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I go to these stores early in the mornings during the week, the store is usually very empty so that I do not have to be concerned with large groups of people. The price of dresses at Ross is good so if you see something you want you do want to do it when you see it or it will be gone.