Tips for camping

Discussion in Travel started by Betsyake • Sep 2, 2014.

1. Betsyake

BetsyakeMember

Threads:
    There is a huge fan of Camping, but you have to put up with many inconveniences. The following tips offered on REI site may be helpful.

Sun Protection Basics:
    1.Sunlight includes rays of invisible ultraviolet (UV) radiation; overexposure to UV rays can lead to sunburn, accelerated skin aging and skin cancer. Sunscreen and clothing offer your main forms of UV protection.
    2.All fabrics disrupt UV radiation to some degree. Clothing that does the best job carries an Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) rating from 15 (good) to 50+ (excellent).
    3.Those with an elevated need for UPF-rated clothing include: Fair-skinned, sun-sensitive people; Children; People spending extended time at high elevation, in equatorial regions or on reflective surfaces (snow or water).
    4.Not everyone needs UV-protective clothing. People with "average" to darker skin types rarely get a sunburn on skin covered by clothing, even if they're wearing a basic T-shirt. Even so, UPF-rated clothing enhances everyone's protection against UV-related health risks.

Tent:
    Choose a model based on your group's size.A backpacking tent offers you so much—shelter from the storm, a bit of privacy from other campers, a refuge from ill-mannered insects. Choosing the right one involves:
    Knowing your preferences and likely weather conditions.
    Finding the right balance between space, weight and price.

Sleeping Bag Care:
    Keep your sleeping bag clean and dry. Accumulated body oils, sweat and dirt can rob your sleeping bag of its insulating power.

Flashlight:
    The key factors to compare is about light output/battery type and run time/size and weight

Other tools:
    A quality carry-on luggage
    A outdoor Knife, such as Pocket Card Knife
    A waterproof watch, etc.

Do you have any other advices, please post, thanks!

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What you never should forget when going camping:

Depending on where you'll be camping, there probably won't be any store for you to buy food. Pack the food and water you'll need. The food you choose must be easy to prepare but tasty enough for you to avoid fasting on your camping trip.

Get to the campsite early so you can pitch your tent while there's still enough light. If you've never done any camping before, trust me, trying to pitch a tent at night is no joke.

3. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    While you are camping somewhere so don't forget to pack qualitative things with you. Specially camp or tents, check carefully that what you are going to buy and would it be reliable until end of your camping.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Last month we were on an overnight camping for the 19th birthday celebration of my niece. All of us slept in tents and it was really fun. Since it was summer and the weather was so hot, our main concern is the cooler. Twice we bought ice to maintain the cooler's function in providing us with cold drinks. We also brought several rechargeable lamps for the night. Looking at the photos, I'd say it was lots of fun.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is my number one tip for camping, and I think that everybody should take not of it. Are you ready: Don't go camping lol. I'm just kidding. I have never actually gone camping, but my friends asked me to go with them two days ago. I am in two minds about whether to go. I hate being uncomfortable. What do people do when they need to use the bathroom whilst camping?

6. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This is such a great reading I have been. I am spending out time like this always ahead. I am gonna have such a good and most fabulous time ahead for sure. I am gonna have such a great source of fun for sure.

must be appealing time as it.