Tips From Gardeners?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by JoanMcWench • Apr 18, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I just finished planting fifteen things today. I'm feeling super accomplished. However, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me in caring for them? I've planted three types of tomatoes, two lettuce, two onion (red/yellow), one strawberry, habanero, dill, lavender, parsley, rosemary, purple basil, & thyme. The tomatoes are together. The lettuce & strawberries are together. I have the habanero with the dill & parsley while the lavender is next to the rest.

2. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Mulch, water carefully, and fertilize. You don't necessarily have to buy a commercially produced chemical fertilizer, there's other stuff you likely already have on hand like eggshells, coffee grinds, epsom salts, banana peels... Each of the plants you described has different needs, including the amount of water. You might want to check out fruit and vegetable gardening on Pinterest.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How big is your garden? If you can get plant some more vegetables then I'd suggest that plant more tomatoes since three plants would produce but a few fruits. You can learn a little more about tomato growing on the site linked to below:

And oh . . . you can apply mulch as this will save you time. You won't need to concern yourself with weeding.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Basil is ridiculously easy to propagate. If you take a basil cutting that has at least 4 leaves and stick it in a shot glass of water in a sunny spot, it'll grow cute little white roots and then you can plant it in some potting mix.
    I did this recently with an aging basil plant of mine that had grown leggy and unproductive. Now I have three healthy little basil plants.