To buy new or mix and match old

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by TuRon Davis • Aug 31, 2014.

1. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I had to start a topic on an epic subject when it comes to either attending an event or stepping out. I know several people that will go out unless they buy a new outfit for the occasion. Me myself, I prefer to just mix and match clothes that already have and make it like new. That saves money and I still look good. Which route would you take when it comes to attending an event? Would you mix and match, where an old out fit, or just go buy new attire?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would mix and match. A lot of my clothes are black anyway, so sometimes just adding a new black piece to an old black outfit makes it look new and expensive. I can't justify buying an all new outfit for every event when I have a kid and pets depending on me for food and shelter. As for my mostly black wardrobe, I'm not a goth or anything, I just don't like wearing loud patterns or floral prints.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some people like to celebrate with a new outfit, so rather than the clothes, it is symbolic of an event. Some people like to say I wore this to the wedding or when I won an award and it is more about the event than the outfit. I like to mix and match, but as you get older there is less room in the wardrobe so you buy key pieces instead. If you are younger then it is a good way to build up a wardrobe and use those pieces for other events.

4. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I will first try to mix and match the clothes that are in my closet first before I go out and buy new clothes. That being said, I don't dress up as much as alot of people do so for something really fancy I would probably need to buy a new outfit. But I think for most people mixing things up in their closet first is a good way to save some money.

5. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    It all depends on what type of clothes. If it is a popular name brand then I buy it new. The only things that I buy mix and match is off brand clothing.