To The Day... Replace The Vehicle Tag/sticker

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by MrsJones • Mar 13, 2016.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    In the US owners of vehicles are required to annually replace the tag/sticker. In doing so I was asked if I wanted it for five years?! Five years I have to drum up to pay for one year. Of course I said one year is what I always get. As I was waiting a gentleman next to me asked "How much is it for five years?" The clerk said, "Take $55 and multiply that by 5." :rolleyes: That made me wonder, should I replace my sticker now or wait until the day before it expires to get every penny's worth?

Can you imagine handing over almost $300 dollars so as not to come in the BMV again for another five years? Really want are they thinking?

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    That's tricky because it's hard to see that far into the future for some. Do the fees rollover if the car is inoperable? I wish my state had that but we have smog regulations.

3. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Good question. I don't know the answer but I doubt that any money would be refunded.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think we even have a 5 year option here. It is normally renewed every year with an option to pay for two. I never even have the extra cash to pay for two, so I can't imagine wanting to pay for 5 years. I mean someone could move, or even God forbid die, but it is their money, and if they don't anticipate moving and have the extra cash I guess it is fine.