Toblerone Crunchy Almonds

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Bolt • Jun 7, 2013.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought this at the airport, the big 400g bar. I didn't know it was slightly salted initially and I was disappointed when I realised it was.

I looked up a review and the writer claimed she couldn't taste any saltiness. So I tried the chocolate and I could definitely taste a slight salty flavour and to my surprise it enhanced the chocolate flavour. One of the best chocolate bars I have ever tried!

2. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I have tasted this chocolate bar and I did taste the salt along with the sweet. That being said it is not my favorite combination. Chocolate for me is a dessert or sweet snack food and because of that I shy away from chocolate bars with salty, savory or spicy tastes. To my palette it just does not seem right. That is of course my personal preference. The fact that I love the original Toblerone with the chewy bits does not help endear the salty chocolate variety either.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Now I'm curious as to what that chocolate tastes like. I will see if it's available over here in our local supermarket. If you ask me, I really don't like salty food, so I wonder if I will like this Toblerone variant.

4. stevensmith

stevensmithBanned

Threads:
    but i love salty foods as I'm fed up with the sweet .. is there anything around the corner i look a that with a sheer curiosity .. now this one is attracting me too much .. going to a food store to have some..

5. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    My friend picked up a few Toblerone bars at the airport too and gave it to me but seeing the blue package which I hadn't seen before and reading it, I am not a big fan of salted almonds so I passed it onto my neighbors actually. I rather stick to the regular and white Toblerones. My neighbors did like it though.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think you have tasted it if that's your opinion. The chocolate bar is VERY sweet, it has a fudgy taste and the hint of salt merely enhances the sweet chocolate flavour.

The salty almonds Toblerone does contain chewy nougat AND almonds. Proving you have not eaten this chocolate and are just making up a response to boost your post count, shame.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The salt is not strong, you are not eating a salt chocolate bar. The salty taste enhances the flavour of the chocolate. Using salt with chocolate is not uncommon, in fact, most cookie and chocolate cake recipes will use salt. Salt is also used in sweet flapjacks, you can't taste the salt but it enhances the flavour.