TOFU--- not just for health nuts anymore!

Discussion in Food & Drink started by justusforus • Oct 14, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I have found so many uses for tofu, grilling slices and putting them in sandwiches (like my avatar)...stir fries, mock meat loaf and omelettes. Do you ever use this high protein meat substitute in your diet?

2. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I'm not a big fan of tofu. I've tried it in various dishes and I usually just end up picking the tofu off of the plate. I was vegan for a year, and I avoided tofu whenever I could. I was a big fan of black beans for my protein. Maybe I just haven't had tofu prepared the right way or something. I tried it at a Thai restaurant too, and it just ruined the entire dish for me.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love tofu, but I rarely use it as a substitute, since I prefer to just eat what I want but then just portion it properly instead so I don't feel like I'm missing out. I wouldn't be too against substituting though, as I've said, I do like the ingredient, but I'd only like it if the tofu actually feels like an integral part of the dish and would be entirely different without it, instead of just being forced into it for the sake of having it.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's very tempting, but no.. I won't touch anything soy. It is extremely versatile though, I can see the appeal.

5. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of tofu - I like that it can be used to soak up flavors, but I really enjoy meat and ... yeah meat. I'm sorry but tofu is not nearly the same thing as ribs or vension or pork wrapped with bacon - in the end I just rather not use it at all.