Tomorrow is Mother's day.

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Lostvalleyguy • May 10, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    For mother's day, my mother likes to have the family over for dinner. I feel we should go out for dinner but she prefers to cook for everyone. The question is what to get her for this occasion. She is in need of nothing. I will be riding my bike so my gift needs to fit into my pack. I am thinking of a bottle of wine or chocolates (but if it is warm they may melt). Flowers won't work in this situation as they are not pack friendly. i am looking for something a little more unique than the routine chocolates but I am drawing blanks in terms of ideas.

What do you do for your mother on Mother's Day? Is there something unique to your gifts or do you fall into the same old routine year after year?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Does she drink wine usually? If so, then I think this is a great option and is perfect since you'll be heading over for dinner!

And if you want to make it more unique, consider getting her a special wine stopper, too. It's something that she'll use time and time again later on. :)

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My family usually gathers at grandma's home for Mother's Day, and everyone eats together and spends the whole day together. However this Mother's day will be a bit sad because I won't be home. My mom lives 6 hours away and it gets expensive to go too frequently to visit. As she was here last weekend for 3 days, we decided it would be OK for me not to go there. However it's still pretty sad for me, since I love being with her at this day (since I don't have a dad anymore, these days mean more to me than they did before).