Too much confidence?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by thymeless • Jul 15, 2014.

1. thymeless

thymelessNew Member

Threads:
    There have been almost 2 or 3 years since I've lent my confidence in online shoppings, mostly because the difficulty of leaving my comfort zone is unbearable oftentimes, if not everytime. I solely go outside to buy groceries, but I always look forward to a worthwhile online alternative for this, too, possibly cheaper like the rest of the products you'd find in the realms of the Internet - another reason for which I preffer online shoppings -. I highly doubt that a hacker hasn't tried before to steal my credit card's number, because I do shoppings on a daily basis, whether it is for ephemeral amounts of money or considerable ones. I'd use Paypal if all the stores accepted it but, unfortunately, about only 20% of them accept it, and the restrictions they impose for a non-verified account are rather unacceptable, considering the fact that I always pay a fee, from 2 cents to even $1, for my shoppings, but I guess they insist to keep track of everybody.
    Anyway, online shoppings have become a sort of vice for me. I don't smoke, I wouldn't enjoy to be permanently-drunken either, but I've developed this one which, in my opinion, could be considerably comparable with gambling, the sole difference being the fact that there are no odds to win money out of it, just discounts. ;)
    What about you? Have you got confidence in online shoppings to this extent?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not that much. If I'm buying stuff from a place like Amazon and a few other places then I'm not worried that I'll lose my money.

For other places I've never bought something from though, even if I've heard positive reviews I'd definitely have to tread carefully around those places if I intend to buy something. So unlike you, I exercise extreme caution when shopping online.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to buy online from certain sites that I trust and never had any problems with. I am always apprehensive of using my credit card if a an online shop doesn't offer a paypal option. To be honest, I am buying more and more from the internet because I can get a lot of things in bulk or a lot cheaper than in the city here. Also, a lot of the natural ingredients, that I take as supplements for my health, are not available in my country at all.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well as long as I shop in a reputable store and the seller has good feedback, then I don't really worry because I use Paypal. So if something goes wrong then I can just ask for a refund. I'm actually more worried that the stuff that I ordered might be stolen again from our local and very corrupt post office. :mad: