Toothpaste Alternatives

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Denis Hard • Nov 28, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    While toothpaste isn't that expensive there are cheaper alternatives which could save you a little cash. Well obviously most people know about many alternatives but the taste of the stuff can be quite disgusting. Question would be, is there something that can be used to clean teeth that doesn't have a horrible taste?

Yes there is! Sea salt. Place some of it on your brush and once you are done brushing, your teeth will be sparkling white. But in addition to that, sea salt reduces pain and sensitivity in your teeth.

Any other good toothpaste alternatives you know of?

2. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    Quite honestly, I don't see any alternatives that would be cheaper than just buying toothpaste. Sea salt costs a lot more than what I pay for toothpaste, at least in my area, and I should think that would taste pretty nasty, too. Of course, with couponing the way I do, I rarely actually pay for toothpaste and when I do, it's maybe 50 cents at most.

Toothpaste today does more than simply clean teeth. The flouride and other additives help protect and strengthen your teeth, too. There are plenty of ways to economize without finding an alternative teeth cleaning solution and possibly causing more harm than good.

3. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    While it is true that using a toothpaste alternative can save you money -- I don't think I could ever part with toothpaste. I like the clean feeling -- the most I will do is continue to use my coupons so I either get it free or dirt cheap.

4. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    Try baking soda (actually proven to be less abrasive than toothpaste) or all natural tooth powder. I have yet to try tooth charcoal but they say that is good for teeth. You still need to brush a couple of times a week with toothpaste though.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to start a thread to WARN people about Crest Pro Health. It causes mouth damage!

Here's a list of toothpaste abrasiveness:

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have used an alternative to toothpaste for a long time and my entire family prefers it over the toothpaste. We usually use a ayurveda powder. It has done magic to my teeth.