Top Self-Publishing Sites

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by jdwriter • Jul 23, 2014.

1. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    There was another post in this forum about where to publish, so I thought it might be helpful to post a few of the sites that are good for self-publishing through. This isn't a top ten list, but is more of a working list of reputable companies that will give you what you pay for. Please, if you have others that you've used, post them:

1. Lulu.com
    2. Createspace.com
    3. Blurb.com
    4. iUniverse
    5. NookPress (e-only)
    6. Kobo Writing Life (e-only)
    7. FastPencil

I've either used these companies or have heard positive stories about these companies, so I know that they are positive choices.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't know if this could be classified as a self-publishing site but considering that you get to sell your books anyway, it's worth taking a stab at. I'm referring to Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.
    To me it sounds like a great way for writers to make money from their books. And since it's Amazon . . .

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Createspace is the Amazon branch of their self-publishing. I have used it and there are a lot of steps, but also the small print to look out for. With Amazon if you choose a higher percentage of commission you have to be exclusive to them for a certain period, so that isn't good if a publisher likes your book and wants to publish it. It is still good to list it, as you are entitled to an Amazon author page once you publish with them which is good for your profile and in search engines.

I have used Smashbooks too, although their process appears daunting as their formatting procedure is quite specific, they are very helpful and guide you through it. I learned a lot and their dashboard is very user friendly. It is all free as well.