Toshiba Laptops

Discussion in Product Reviews started by blurinoctober • Dec 2, 2012.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I know a lot of people who avoid certain brands of laptops, especially if they tend to run cheapest. Whenever I was laptop shopping, I often found Toshibas to fall under this umbrella. I wanted to spend minimal money for quality, so I bought one. It's a great laptop and well worth it! Everything works well and has stayed that way - never an issue.

Does anyone have any laptop they would suggest or would tell someone not to get, or any other reviews of Toshibas?

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    My dad owns a Toshiba laptop and it's alright - would be a lot better if he decided to get rid of Vista. To be honest, I've never found any 'big' differences between brands like HP, Toshiba, Dell, Sony or others; I've had laptops from the same brand and not all of them have been as good or as bad. It's the specs and the OS that tell you how good a laptop can be!

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Actually Toshiba laptops have made a good account of themselves. I think that their laptops could o head to head with other trusted brands like Dell. I have used toshiba laptop before and I have nothing to complain. The battery life which is very critical for a laptop is something that is very satisfactory on toshiba laptops.

4. shane002

shane002Banned

Threads:
    Toshiba Laptops available in India starting at Rs.20100. View Toshiba Laptops Price List as on 03 Dec, 2012.

5. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    My mom and I both have Toshiba laptops and we quite like them. I have to say I could have treated my current company a little better. It is starting to fall apart a little bit. However, my moms is still in very good condition.

6. alreenaw

alreenawMember

Threads:
    I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I have had it for three years and it works great. I work using mine and have no problems with it. I don't think a person has to spend an arm and a leg to have a laptop that is decent and works great. I am happy with my investment and it was well worth it.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of Lenovo laptops. I'm in need of new laptop and have been computer shopping lately. But Lenovo isn't in my budget right now. I'm not a fan of HP. I have heard mixed reviews of Toshiba. I have heard that they are durable. That's what I love about Lenovo too.

8. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I've had my Toshiba Satellite for about two years and there's a newer Toshiba in my household as well. The only issue I have with my computer is my speakers not working correctly, but that's because I was an idiot and dropped it on concrete of all things. If you take care of Toshibas, in my experience, they will last you quite a while.

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I hate Toshiba laptops! Every one of them had either screen problems or HDD problems. And we are talking about all kinds of owners, not just one person. Maybe i was unlucky and always got the wrong laptops, but dammit, HP laptops never once failed in my life!

10. chrislyons88

chrislyons88New Member

Threads:

My mom has a toshiba LAPTOP and she had lots of problems with it. I'm not really sure why they use to be a good company. Kinda ridiculous, but I mean that's what its all about. You gotta research before you buy. ! Google is not that hard to use :D lol

11. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    In my opinion Toshiba laptops are good for students. I had one for 4 years and never had a problem. They are cheap too.

12. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I have used my Toshiba laptop for a few years. It has never broken down, though it gets much slower now. So i support Toshiba brand.

13. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    It gets slower over time depending on how much space it takes. If ur c drive is almost full then it becomes slow. I keep my desktop empty and install every other on other drives. Keep ur c drive space as low as u can.....also make sure u update some windows programs

14. skyby7

skyby7New Member

Threads:
    I've had Toshiba computers for years.

I sold my older toshiba laptop a few months ago because I upgraded to a more powerful model since I'm a big PC gamer.

I keep my computer in very good working condition, regularly do updates, defragmentation, disk clean ups, I remove unwanted files, fix the registry, and wipe the drive, along with regular virus scans.

I de-bloat my computers when I purchase them too.

One thing I dislike about toshiba is when you buy them, they come pre-installed with all these programs you don't need. They like forcing their crappy software onto people. Anyways, I remove them all to further speed up my machine.

Toshiba laptops are solidly built and will last you a good period of time if you take care of it, and properly maintenance the Operating System and Drive.

15. Khronic

KhronicNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, my roommate got a Toshiba and he asked why it ran so slow. There is so much bloatware that is on those laptops it isn't even funny. There were so many background programs running when the computer started it up was disgusting. I think there was a Best Buy app, Toshiba website app and others that were taking up a good amount of the CPU.

16. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I bought a Toshiba laptop second hand on eBay. It seems to work fine. I have no idea how much its previous owners used it but they evidently had it for a few years. I have not had any problems with it so far but I have only had it for about a month. It is an Equium model. I will agree with skyby7 about the so-called bloatware. There was quite a lot of unnecessary stuff they had installed to "help" the user. It is reasonably easy to get rid of although a less experienced user might not feel safe doing so. They make their programs look more important than they really are.

17. cmilliken

cmillikenMember

Threads:
    I have had good experiences with Toshiba laptops. In fact, I am typing this on a Toshiba laptop. Toshiba does make a good laptop. I think Toshiba laptops are comparable with Dell - maybe even better. I have never had a Toshiba fail on me. They are durable, fast, eye-appealing, and affordable. The only thing about Toshiba laptops is that they come with a lot of unnecessary predownloaded programs. Once deleting all of these, the laptop will run fast as ever.

18. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    You thing Toshiba comes with that pre-installed junk - try HP! Even worse is the Dell/emachine. I'm sure they all come with a load of junk that has to be removed. When I got my Toshiba, I was new to Windows 8 and had to figure around it, but they deleted pretty cleanly. Very happy with it!

19. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    Toshiba laptops are way better than Sony. Cheap and durable unlike Sony especially Vaio's where its expensive but breaks easily. I do remember I have a friend who purchased a Vaio and the keyboards messed up. I can't remember which keys are not working properly but Ill site an example. When she presses C, P comes out and when she presses P, C comes out. And every other person I know who bought Vaio seems to have that similar problem.

20. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Toshiba, Dell, HP, the underrated brands are actually decent, but not that great. There are way better brands like Asus, Lenovo, and Sony.
    That's my opinion. When I needed a new laptop, I went for asus, and the computer is still working great after 2 years.