Touchscreen Gloves/touch Tech Gloves?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Dec 18, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They can be a useful gift for someone who you know is almost always using their smartphone. I've had a look around the net and noticed that there are some really expensive gloves which cost around $60 while the cheapest ones sell at $6.

If you use such gloves, do you think there's a huge difference between the most expensive touch tech gloves and the others which are much cheaper?

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I was just at Walmart when I noticed these gloves for $3. I know that Kmart also sells them for around $3 online. They just seem to cheap to be true. They also didn't have any grip on the tips of the fingers. Does anyone know a pair of the cheaper lines? I would love to buy one of those or gift them for Christmas.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I have heard of such gloves, I guess it's to prevent smudging from the fingertips. As for me I don't intend to buy them soon, for me a screen protector for my phone is enough. It would be interesting to read some feedback on the product though.

4. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    You can get a good pair for around $15. I've gotten a few pairs at Costco and they worked great. The only suggestion I have is don't put them in the dyer when you wash them. I did and totally ruined the finger tips.

5. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    Wait, what? Do such gloves even exist? I suppose they're a neat idea for someone who uses their smartphone all the time, but couldn't those gloves potentially become uncomfortable whatsoever? I strongly believe that. Anyway, $3 seems way too cheap for it to be even decent. KimmyMarks' $15 suggestion could be a better choice. You give more money, but in the long run it's going to be better.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw the gloves on Amazon for about $15. I had planned to purchase a pair as a gift. I may have weighted to late to get them for Christmas. It is nice to know they work well and will make a good gift.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This is the first time I'm hearing of this but I guess I can see the point as I myself am spending a lot more time tapping on my tablet these days due to the games I play daily. If I were to buy one I'd probably start out with an experiment first wherein I'd buy one from each type including the lowest priced one to maybe just the medium priced ones. I don't think I'd pay $60 just for gloves to be honest, but maybe if I needed them enough and they seemed to be a good enough quality that they would last longer then I'd consider it, but honestly with that money I think if just buy a stylus instead.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know, clearly, what these gloves are even supposed to do. The only thing that I can think of it that they protect your touchscreen from fingerprint marks? If that is the case, then buying a sixty dollar pair of gloves to do only that seems like it would be a much too expensive purchase, especially when there are cheaper alternatives on the market.

9. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I love these gloves. I get them at Costco for about $15 dollars. They are great because you can text or answer a call without having to take them off.
    Typically mine only last a year before the touch screen part starts to peel.