Toy Lending Libraries

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Denis Hard • Dec 7, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw this on Wikipedia:

We don't have one in my hometown and I didn't hear of or see any in the places I worked in. They're all new to me but I thought I'd share this here because it could save them some money. Instead of buying too many toys you could apply for library membership and your kids will not only get new toys [to play with] every two weeks, they also get to play with a variety of toys each time you visit the toy lending library.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, if ever there are toy libraries in your home town then you should take advantage of it. We also don't have toy libraries over here, but that is expected because I am from a third world country.

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Even though we don't have anything like this where I live and didn't up until now - even know such a thing existed - I can't help but think what a wonderful idea this is - particularly as children tend to easily tire or grow out of toys so rapidly that its often hard and normally very expensive to keep up with them.

In fact as Toy Lending Libraries - would not only allow families to save a huge amount of money - that could then be put towards more necessary things - as well as avoid the problem of what to do with all those discarded toys that are generally left gathering dust and taking up valuable space unnecessarily - but more importantly - would ensure the kids were happy too - it sounds like a win,win situation all round to me.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We don't have any of these here but it sounds like some in god definitely take advantage of it did exist nearby. I'd probably only go for it if the children were already old enough though and they actually are at a good age right now to take advantage of this because I think I'd be a bit paranoid about sharing toys with others and the sanitation if the children were too young. I'm sure they have measures to sanitize each toy as they were landed and returned though but I just don't think I'd be fully able to get over the paranoia if the children in my family were too young since I'd be less likely to take the risk.