Toys For 2 yrs old baby

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by himalipatel • Aug 12, 2013.

1. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    My baby is completed 2 yrs in the next week. I am thinking to buy a toys for her to play. i do not have any idea regarding buy toys. so anyone tell me which are the best toys for 2 years old baby and which is the best online store for buying it because i do not have a time for window shopping.

2. jatiwat98

jatiwat98New Member

Threads:
    Hi
    My son is 2 1/2. Aside from the usual cars and art/crafts (loves felt tips and stickers!)....

I got him "build it" from elc (like big meccanno) for his second birthday. He's into lets pretend type play at the moment. Big hits are plastic food, basket and til. Mini broom. Has his own apron for the kitchen and plays with some food stuff with a plastic bowl and spoon. Happyland stuff (elc). He also loves pushalong/ride on toys at the moment as well. My mil bought him a sandpit which went down really well too.

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Soft play toys are good for young children. You forgot to mention whether your baby is a boy or a girl, that will usually influence the type of toy to buy. Crayons and Play-Doh is good for both sexes, cheap and good fun.

4. byersals

byersalsNew Member

Threads:
    I am a huge fan of the Megablocks. We also got a set of blocks that were almost a foam-like material. My 18-month-old daughter loves building them up and tearing them down. We get entertainment for ours hours out of those.

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that a 2 year old is more likely to appreciate soft multicoloured toys like a puff balls which makes a sound when deflated. Most kids sticky grow tired with things and are constantly seeking for novelties. So as they grow, they should be taught and encouraged to create their own toys which would save on costs and improve on their creativity.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    My daughter is two years old. She loves coloring so I bought her a couple of coloring books and color pencils. I bought her play dough which is good to help them learn to mold different shapes or items, she really enjoys creating. Building blocks are also one of her favorites keeps her entertained for a while. She also loves music so any toy that is musical is appealing to her.

7. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    The Mega Blocks are fun. I would even go for the extra large Legos. Kids love to build it and then break it. They even like dumping them out and putting them back in the bin.

I think coloring is great at that age (as long as they are supervised, of course). The jumbo crayons are perfect and there are even some coloring books that are specially designed for younger kids. They have bigger pictures that are simple designs and easier to color instead of a lot of intricate stuff.

I think toy food and dishes are always fun too.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My child always wanted to play with cars and he would take nothing else. He used to look back at passing cars right from the age of 3-4 month and by the time he was one year old he would ask for a car from the lot. I think he has almost 300-400 cars in his collection and does not miss a chance to add more as and when possible.

9. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Soft colourful toys, barbie dolls, kitchen sets are what a female child likes while cars, guns (which I never advocate), helicopter, train set and planes are most boy chikdren like.

The ideal toys however, at this age are building blocks, clay set, colourful ring sets, hula loops and colouring material as this helps the child's mind to grow more creative and helps the fingers learn the fine holding skills.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you think you can stop them from picking guns and cars whether you them or not. Maybe you can stop your boy from playing with a gun or car but that's what is their most favorite toy in 70-80% cases.

11. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Light building blocks that can connect together is a good idea. You can actually find a bucket full of blocks in the dollar store which is pretty cheap. I also recommend purchasing a magnet pad and pen. It's a pen with a magnet as the tip that writes on a special pad by attracting magnet dust from the pad which usually cost around 2 dollars for a simple one. You can also purchase many coloring books from the dollar store but I recommend buying the colors elsewhere for better quality.

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well the good news is that there are a ton of good ones out there, and you can spend a lot of time going through all of them. That said, it is best to have a good idea the sort of toy you want before searching.

13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think animation movies (2D or 3D) are always a great option because they are gifts that will never lose their validity and will always put a smile on the face of any child (or teenager / adult). It's impossible to goes wrong with them.

It's a right choice because laughing is always a good choice.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Me too I do not have idea of the kind of toys befitting for a baby as he/she grows form one year to two. I think women are better experienced at getting the right toys for the baby. The only item I will be looking to give my child would be a tablet for playing games and others. I just hope that won't be too much of an item/toy for one or two years old child.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think no one has that idea including mothers @tonyb@tonyb because the choice of chidren keep changing when they see other children's toys or they go into a toy store. I was with a family in Kmart recently when I heard their 3 years shouting in excitement and he wanted to have everything that was so embarrassing for the family that they had no choice but to leave the store with child shouting for more.