Toys with batteries

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Gelsemium • Dec 28, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of my kid received for Christmas a remote controlled car that needs 7 or 8 batteries, that are really expensive. I recall last Christmas it was the same scenario, toys with batteries, that once are depleted I don't buy new ones. Does the same happen with you?

2. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah these days the toys can do so much that you have to buy so many batteries for them just to work. The good thing is whenever it is Christmas in my country most of the shops give you a discount on the batteries so you never really have to worry about how much the batteries are going to cost you.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Whenever I give away gifts that require batteries, I always make sure to buy some and include it in the wrapping because I'd like the recipient to be able to test out the product as soon as they get it. I don't mind receiving gifts that don't have them though as I personally can wait. I also do this especially for when I'm giving gifts to kids in particular because they tend to be the most excited ones when it comes to testing out their gifts.

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, that happened with me, they toys that I got that required batteries brought them as well, but at the same time the batteries are so expensive that sometimes cost as much as the toy itself, so I end up not using those toys much more. I don't think they are a great deal...

5. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Last year I bought a used battery charger and some rechargeable batteries for my grandson. Battery operated toys seem to be less expensive because you have to buy the batteries for them, at least to me anyway. I purchased the batteries on ebay for a very good price too.

6. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Rechargeable batteries are better as once you buy them once you don't have to worry about them again. They also sell batteries in the pound shop and you can even get branded batteries at the pound shop. Also they quite often have offers on brands like Duracell if you buy them in Bulk. I don't really think they are all that expensive if you shop about. Better to buy a good brand because they last longer unlike the cheaper competitors which run out to quickly.

7. Cryyo

CryyoMember

Threads:
    I have a ton of rechargeable batteries that we keep laying around the house. Since the kids always have too many toys, we just rotate them out of the ones that they never use anymore. I feel this completely solves the problem, as I can't even remember the last time I bought a pack of batteries.

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    The main issue about rechargeable batteries is that they are really expensive. Sure, it's just a one time expense, but even so they are pricey and not every rechargeable batteries suit to all devices, we should pay attention to that when buying them.