Travel By Taxi Cheaper Than Car?

Discussion in Travel started by ExpertAdvice • Sep 9, 2015.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Is it cheaper to travel by taxi than to travel by car?

This question came to my mind the other day as I realized that several of the professionals that I know, despite being able to afford gas, insurance and all the other expenses related to the upkeep of a car, as well as themselves owning an experienced driver's licence...they've been choosing to be driven around via taxi instead.

At first, I thought, "well, what's the point of doing that if you have to be paying by the hour?" But then, I came to also think that perhaps these people are doing the "smarter thing", in that they don't have to pay for gas, car insurance and the other things I highlighted earlier, that would come with them having to maintain their own vehicles.

So, my question to you, therefore, is: Does it actually work out to be cheaper to be driven by taxi/cab, rather than to count the expense of maintaining your own vehicle? Or is it more or less the same difference?

Please, let me know!

upload_2015-9-9_13-43-49.

2. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    yeah i do agree on this they do in a smarter way, specially if you are on are solo traveler and don't have much info about that region's path instead of google maps. Taxi driver is a local person of required region and could make it easier to you also could help you to save your time... If you pay him for the full day. I als did the same thing during my niagara falls tour.

3. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Your suggestions and posts are really having a great way to learn about. I am so sure that this will be really having such a good time ahead as it.

4. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Both have their own odds and evens in different conditions. Sometimes long distance are best while you have your own car and for short distance travel taxi is cheaper.