Travel safety

Discussion in Travel started by Magic Pixel • Aug 1, 2012.

1. Magic Pixel

Magic PixelMember

Threads:
    I would like your input on the subject of travel safety as a woman mainly, but other tips are also most welcome, like keeping your things safe. If someone has had a bad experience I would like to hear of it also.

2. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    The obvious one is to keep your doors locked when driving. If you are traveling by car don't leave your handbag lying on the seat next to you, rather keep it in the boot of the car. Make sure your car is in good working order before you set out on a long trip and always, when stopping at traffic lights or a stop street, be alert to suspicious characters hanging about.
    These are handy tips to use if you are traveling by motor vehicle.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Travel light. I would always advice that no matter what country you decide to go. If any emergency happens, it's going to be easy for you to take the next flight out back home and not worry about your stuff.

4. Magic Pixel

Magic PixelMember

Threads:
    difrancprod, I love your avatar. Yours is cute too Jennifer. Thanks for the advice. I was referring to travelling abroad. I've heard of a few horror stories. I personally have never had an extreme experience

5. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    There are risks for single women traveling alone in certain countries, and common safety precautions are always recommended... you know, things like - don't be on your own late at night, stay in a hotel of some reputation, don't carry too much money on yourself (use travelers checks or credit cards), etc. For instance, if I were to travel to East Africa, for instance, I'd go with a friend - not alone; stay at at least a 3-star hotel (the smaller B&B hotels that look shady and come cheap are best avoided), and have a travel guide & vehicle if I can afford that. I've heard of passports and cash being stolen from hotel rooms, so these are best locked away in a safety locker if your hotel provides this. Other than this, it is best to read up about the place in advance and take necessary precautions!