Traveling and Local Cuisine

Discussion in Food & Drink started by lizzief79 • Nov 17, 2014.

1. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I strongly believe that when you travel abroad, sampling some of the local cuisine is all part of the experience. Local cuisine tends to be made from local, Fresh Produce and this appeals to me. I like to try the different flavours on offer around the globe as each country has something different to offer.

Others are the exact opposite. When my sister goes abroad, one of the first things she and her family do is to find the best pizza and burger joints. They are not very experimental and prefer to stick to what they know.

What category do you fall into? Do you like to try out international cuisine or stick to what you know? What are the benefits of this to you?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends where I am and the type of establishment. I do like to try local dishes, but as a vegetarian I do have to be careful. I usually look around at other diners and chose from what they have ordered.

Being adventurous can lead to stomach troubles especially if you are not used to the food, so it is sensible to sometimes stick to what you know, after all what is the point of being ill on holiday?