Traveling on Holidays

Discussion in Travel started by MyDigitalpoint • Dec 13, 2013.

1. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    This season of the year is time to stay by the family's side, but sometimes the family is another city, or another country, making necessary to traveling in order to met for Christmas time.

Some other times the family is anywhere but by your side. Even though, it's common that many families travel together during this season of the year to enjoy winter wonderland.

And you, what's your type of holidays vacation? stay at home, traveling to visit your family, or going with your family to enjoy a tourist destination?

2. FloraFauna

FloraFaunaMember

Threads:
    This will be my first time traveling to see my family for the holidays in about four years. Usually I stay home, avoiding the holidays at all cost. But I haven't seen my family in a year and a half. Seemed like an opportune time.

3. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    I am thankful to say I will not have to travel this holiday season. I spent the last four years many miles away from my family, but recently moved back to my hometown, so I have no need to leave the area because my family is all within a ten mile radius (well, most of them) now. I enjoyed being in a new places and learning what it was like in a larger town, but for now it is nice to experience smaller town life and not having to travel for special times of the year!

4. dickybird

dickybirdNew Member

Threads:
    I live in Turkey but I am originally from England. I live here with my boyfriend, and each year I travel home to England for a week. Christmas is about spending time with your loved ones, it is a bitter sweet situation for me. My partner is unable to travel with me, so I have to leave him here, so I don't get t spend Christmas with all my loved ones. I hope one day in the future he will be able to travel with me, I would be the happiest girl alive spending it with everyone!!

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are those families that see each other only during the holidays. Like mine for example. To meet those close to you therefore demands inviting them over to spend the holidays with you. So for me, such times are spent at home and if I have to travel to some exotic place I'll do it in the middle of the year when everyone is at work.

6. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    My husband and I were pretty traditional when we lived in the States, splitting time between our parents' homes for the holidays of Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and 4th of July. After we moved to Europe, however, we realized we could take advantage of the freedom from familial obligations, and we have loved every holiday! No more awkward reunions, petty bickering, and pressure to have fun. Now we decide what time of the year we go see family back in the USA, and we have actually eliminated so many problems by keeping the holidays out of the picture. What have we done instead? A Mediterranean cruise, Rome, and Paris, so far. Keeping it simple with the people involved, but making a fun destination out of it - best decision we've ever made!

7. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I live 1,000 miles away from all of my family (extended and immediate), so traveling home for the holidays is always an exciting time! I don't leave for another few days, but I'm super anxious to get on the plane!

8. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I've always lived by family. So, I rarely traveled during the Holidays. The only time I did was when someone was throwing a really big holiday party. Otherwise, there's nothing like celebrating the Holidays in your home city and waking up in your own bed, especially on Christmas.

9. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I don't normally travel on holidays because my parents and I live together, which we get to see each other everyday. All of my friends and relatives live in the same town where I live. However, I only travel once in a while on holidays, which my friends and I would go to Disneyland for this reason. I usually take on road trips when I travel to different states on holidays, which it's one of my favorite ways to travel.

10. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I usually stay close to home during the holidays and visit with immediate family that live near by, but in the future I would like to start going on some more vacations for a change of scenery lol. I know that traveling especially during the holidays can be kind of hectic and I usually try and avoid it right before Christmas.

11. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    We usually book early for the holidays. I love traveling on Christmas though with the family. It's a pain to do it rush.

12. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    I love to go to visit some new places. and i would love that if my family come with me and enjoy too. but if they don't want, and want to stay at home then i will also prefer to stay at home.

13. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    I love to enjoy my holiday in different ways. I always try to make new plan for my vacation. Some time I do party with friends, some time I go to the shopping, some time I spent my weekend with my family or go to cinema with them and some time I make a plan to travel somewhere. It’s all depends on my moods. However I love them all ways.