Treatments For Falling Hair

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by TommyVercetti • Feb 20, 2015.

1. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Recently my hair has been falling out. It may be due to stress, but certainly not diet, because I eat like a pampered athlete. Does anybody have ideas for low cost hair treatments that would maybe revitalize hair follicles and prevent hair loss? Or is that sort of thing just a pipe dream?

2. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Dude, I'm not a scientist, but I really can't remember any stories at all about guys who won this particular battle.
    Maybe there are some, and I'm wrong...
    I know that there are some cirurgical procedures that kind of work. But sprays, pills, etc... I don't think so.

Why not just tap out to nature, and shave it all? ;)

3. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah maybe you're right, but I'm not ready to tap out yet without trying out some things. I don't mean the surgery and the implants stuff. I like to try the things that aren't so drastic, like lavender oil, coconut milk--that kind of stuff. I went to a friend of mine who was a dermatologist, recently retired, and he said I have a very dry scalp and I have a type of eczema. I'm going to the doctor to confirm it soon.

4. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    Contact you doctor to check if you have hair loss problems such as alopecia. In our country we have a local remedy for loss. We have sabila plant to nourish the scalp and the horse shampoo which is quite popular in our country as a remedy for hair loss. But for better cure you should as first your doctor.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I definitely think this is one for your doctor or dermatologist. At least you have something to go on, as your friend already cited eczema as being part of the problem. It may well be the case all you need to have done is to tackle the eczema issue, which in turn may lead to the end of your hair issue.

@tipoywizard, I can believe the horse shampoo works because I use to take some horsetail herbal supplements and my hair was at its thickest, healthiest and longest then. Alas I had to discontinue them because they're quite pricey and I couldn't afford them. As soon as I can, I'll be back on them, that's for sure :)

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Silica supplements might be the answer for you. When my hair was getting brittle and falling out at an alarming rate after a prolonged illness, I reached for diatomaceous earth and had great results. Food grade diatomaceous earth is ancient fossil powder and has many uses.

There is a bit of controversy about taking it internally as it hasn't been officially approved by the FDA, so you might want to do some more research on it. Personally, I have taken it for many years now, and I am really good. But alternatively, you can always get silica capsules from a health food store or herbalist.

7. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    The one thing I have learned recently, is that your hormones have an effect on your hair. You could get a blood test to check, and use bio identical hormones to balance them.
    My friend has been using the Igrow cold laser to help stimulate hair growth. It has been three months now and he seems to think it is helping him and preventing further hair loss.

8. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could try using alpecin shampoo or even Regaine, but these are quite expensive. Personally, I'd just shave the lot off - it looks great on guys anyway!

9. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    It was recommended to me once by a beautician to do a treatment as follows:
    Make a paste of water cress leaves and massage into hair. Leave on for 20 minutes.
    Wash hair with 'bar shampoo' (used by 'no pooers' meaning, people who don't use chemicals on their hair)
    Then use coconut oil (a quarter sized piece worked for me, it goes a long way and if you use to much you'll need to get it out somehow). Leave the coconut oil in until the next time you wash your hair.
    She suggested to do this once a week for 3 months, I did and my hair stopped falling out. However, my friend who is a 'no poo' person, did research on how important it is to brush your hair (remember the olden days when they used to do it a 100 times?) Well, apparently according to this research it strengthens your follicles. Since the water cress leaves became entwined in my hair and took a lot of combing to get it out, I think it was that part of the process that helped my hair not to fall out as much. Since then, I have been brushing alot more, which also allows the natural oils to run through (I have long hair) and I haven't had to redo the treatment in one years time.

10. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    For excessive hair fall, you can try using natural products like virgin coconut oil, eggs and honey. Use the virgin coconut oil for massaging your scalp as it promotes blood circulation. By that, hair follicles are nourished. You may also mix virgin coconut oil and egg. Put them in your scalp and massage for a while and leave it for 30 minutes and rinse. Its a low cost solution that is very effective.

11. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Since so many are reading this, I thought I would add a promotion I saw today about a 60 day free rogaine for women sample. All you have to do is fill out this survey and they'll send it to your home. It looks like you might be a guy so it might not apply to you but I figured this would be the place to put it since you started the thread. Here is the link:

12. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    If you tend to shower with hot water, that can cause hair fall a lot. You need to really stop with that right away.

One of the best natural treatments I've ever done for hairfall is applying aloe vera gel to my scalp, leaving it on for about 30 minutes, and then shampooing it off. It's very effective, but you need to do it regularly every week. Once or twice a week should be ok, but you have to consistently do it for weeks.

13. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    We had the same problem two years ago, I have my own home remedies to prevent hair falling. I use the extracted oil of an Aloe Vera, since I have that plant in my garden or a Coconut oil. I will leave it until 1 hour, then wash it. I avoid daily washing of shampoo and even Hairspray or a gel.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been having hair loss as well,but in my case is due to anxiety, stress and not eating properly. I say the best way to improve hair loss is to improve the way you eat. But if you eat well and still have this it might be interesting to go to a dermatologist. It could be just a temporary issue and if it's the case it will grow back quick. But if it bothers you a consultation is beneficial.