Trend Or Classic

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Briannagodess • Jul 8, 2015.

1. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I always choose classic over the trend. I would rather have the little black dress over those off shoulder dress that I see so often. I would rather have a nice pair of boot cut jeans than those super skinny ones that they sell. And I would rather have classic pumps than those Loubutin shoes.

My style is always classic as I do not want to spend a lot of money on clothes that I cannot wear after they are not trendy anymore. How about you trend or classic?

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Classic for me, or whatever I want at the time. I don't care if I am considered out of style if I like the garment I am wearing. For the most part my style is pretty classic, but I have or have had a number of items that would have been called trendy in some era or other, quite possibly one that was before my time, in the case of a really neat 80s dress I absolutely loved. I only gave it away because I no longer had a use for it. I like to develop my own style and be unique.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like a mixture, but classics are always better value in the long run. If you are going to invest money in something, you want to be able to wear it for more than a couple of seasons. Trends are fine for summer and wearing casually, but for formal events, classic is always safer.

With trend items, I can always buy a cheap t-shirt and buy from Forever 21 or somewhere that the item is really cheap.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Trends can be fun for an experiment, but I usually lean toward the classics, especially if I want to spend a bit more money on something. And as I said in another post, I'll only incorporate a trend if I like it enough to consider wearing it past its sell-by date, but even then I'll try not to spend too much money on it.