Trouble With Pizza Hut Online - Rewards For My Loyalty?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by mythman • Jun 17, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    For the second-or-third time,

's online order-form (which I used successfully many times before) got hung-up on 'searching for a Pizza Hut near me.' I suspect that's because I'm using Internet Explorer rather than Firefox or Chrome or ... the Apple one(s). I don't really want to download a different browser (and IE was pre-loaded), but SOME of Pizza Hut's discounts are available online-only (they say).

Shouldn't I get a BIGGER discount if I do go ahead and download a different browser?

And I think I emailed them about it anyway, but--since I still bought from them (by telephone)--I guess they assumed 'the problem had been solved.' And I'm probably ordering by phone again today.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't ordered from them online in years, but back then, I didn't have a problem, and was using IE at that time. Are you using a computer or cell phone? If you check their page, it might tell you which browsers work best.

I can relate, because I was particularly irritated that I recently had to download Firefox to update listings in my Etsy shop. I had gotten rid of it once I closed a shop on another site that wouldn't work with Chrome, and really didn't want to have to download it again, but obviously I need to keep my inventory up to date, so I didn't have a choice.

Right after that happened, I randomly received a survey from Etsy in my email, and when I filled it out, I stated that I was upset about it, and lo and behold, the next time I was editing listings and forgot to switch browsers to Firefox, the issues had been rectified. So, perhaps it would be worth contacting Pizza Hut about the situation, and if nothing else, maybe they will send you a discount coupon.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I downloaded the Pizza Hut app on my phone and use it to place my orders now. I ran into problems, in the past, using both IE and Firefox to place orders with them. I haven't run into a single issue using the app.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Excellent advice there, it is always worth letting a company know if there is a problem. They almost always send vouchers or coupons. Best of luck!

5. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe that's where their tech-focus is. I mentioned 'compatibility of browsers' a few times in emails and comments, but haven't heard back about it; maybe it's almost as if I'm asking about "walkie-talkies" and "commodore 64" and "MySpace" ;)

I know ... I think that's what I said! ... did I mention I'm 'in the club' (Hut Lovers)---the mailing-list to which they send discounts?

6. ruiyi605

ruiyi605New Member

Threads:
    Maybe just download Pizza Hut app to your phone, it's just as convenient as online.

7. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    :confused: Did they 'mass-distribute' thes iPod/Pad devices like Fleetwood Mac's "Rumors" (an album from the `70's or `80's that "everyone" has)? Are kids from the `90's, `00's and `10's born with these things in their hands? Because I don't have it and won't take it!

I'm afraid we might get so phone-dependent that--even if I'm standing RIGHT AT THE COUNTER--I won't be able to order from them since I'm not 'on the right IP' :eek:

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    See I don't even order pizza online. I don't even know why because I order things from Amazon all the time and sometimes Walmart.com so it's so easy to buy stuff online but when it comes to pizza it's so dang tedious. I know they have discounts online but f it. I just use paper discounts and sometimes look at the menu at the store because even trying to look at the menu online is not fun.
    I guess if I live alone I might have to order pizza online since I hate talking on the phone but for now it's not even worth the discount to me.

9. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Reminds me of that

commercial where that guy comes in for their 'always Hot-&-Ready pizza for ... some low price (I think the TV-commercial says ... something like 6- or 7 dollars),' and he comments on how much simpler that is than "ordering online"---having punched holes in two laptop-computers, which are still hanging from his arms :D

10. Niaisha Duncan

Niaisha DuncanNew Member

Threads:
    I’ve been trying to us my rewards points online. The website or hasn’t been working for a month and a half now and no one has a solution. I’ve been trying to call customer service and no one ever answers. Hold time is always 20-25 minutes before I decide to hang up and those calls have been on different days and times and the automated systems always says it’s high call volume. I need to speak to someone in regards of this.