Try Audible's Free 30-day Trial

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by dannyluke1 • Sep 8, 2015.

1. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    If you are still not using Audible, now is the right time to try their services. The company is offering a free 30-day trial for new users. To begin your free trial, you have over 180,000 audio titles to choose from. It’s a free trial so you have nothing to lose. Audible is a subsidiary of Amazon so you are assured that their audio inventory is updated with the latest titles and bestsellers.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have Audible which I like. I have selected a few books and will be getting some more as soon as I have time to listen to them. If you have a problem paying the bill you can put your account on hold for a few months until your money is better.

3. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I use amazon.com a lot, but I've never heard of audible. Thanks so much for posting about it. I am having eye surgery next month, and I have a lot of trouble reading books right now. I'm going to give audible a try.

4. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried Audible, but I have a friend who swears by them as the best audio book service. I really need to get on that. Maybe I'll give them the next time I get the itch to listen to some audio books.

I've seen these trials lots of times, though, so I assume even if I miss out on this one there will be another such opportunity in a few months. Audible loves their trials.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is great timing. I have been thinking about giving Audible a try. I like to read physical books, but my time is limited. I could get a lot more reading done if I just listen to the audio versions. I feel like I'm betraying physical books, but it's becoming apparent that I need to change my mind on this issue.

6. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    If you use Swagbucks, be sure to check out if they have any offers before signing up for your free trial! Recently they had an offer I took advantage of - pay $1 for your first month, and receive an audiobook credit as well as 600 swagbucks (= about $6 in gift cards on the swagbucks site). So basically I got a free audiobook and five dollars just for trying it out. Cancelled after my first month and had no issues whatsoever. I've seen the offer come and go a few times so it doesn't hurt to check.

If you do regularly buy audiobooks though, it's a pretty great service with the membership. You get a monthly credit for $15 which can get you books that would otherwise cost $30~.

7. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried any audiobooks since I've always liked reading myself, but I might give it a shot with this. Maybe I'll find a love for audiobooks during the trial.

8. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    This is really great news for audiobook fans sadly i can't get myself to listen to audiobooks. I don't know why but i feel like when someone else is reading or telling you the story it seems impersonal and that after the story is told to you, you feel nothing, you don't get that same satisfaction of finishing a story, that silly grin you do when you finish an incredibly good story, i feel like it might be absent when an audiobook story is told. But i might be wrong like i said i haven't tried it, i listened to a self help audiobook once and i never tried again. lol