Try this at home

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Denis Hard • Apr 4, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you the kind of person who likes to apply some blush on your face? Here's how you can save just a little money if you're out of blush or just don't want to spend money buying more.

Apply some pink lip-stick on your cheeks. Just a little — a faint lining will do. Then rub it in.

The reason I said try this at home is because you need to make sure it works first before telling your friends about it. Just casually ask them if your blush looks good. They won't even notice a difference.

2. tea

teaNew Member

Threads:
    You need to be careful with this. Although the color may look good, lipstick is formulated differently from blush and contains some ingredients that are not so safe for the rest of your skin. Add to that the bacteria that may be on your lipstick from saliva, and you are putting yourself at risk for clogged pores and breakouts. Sure, it's not the worst thing, but it's safer to just use a convertible lip and cheek color if you want a product that does double duty.

3. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    I agree with the first response that while doing this every once in a while in a pinch is okay, the lipstick will probably cause a bad reaction on your skin (pimples, clogged pores, etc). Once I blacked out my nose with eyeliner for a Halloween costume and I REALLY regretted it the next day. Clogged pores and blackheads galore. It was disgusting.

4. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I know that this is a trick that models do. I've even heard Tyra Banks saying it this was an okay thing. But if it's going to cause damage to your skin, then maybe it's not such a good idea. We have to be very careful about what we use on our skin. Thank for posting Tea and Megshoe.